Thursday, September 03, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

I'm at the library using the wi-fi so I thought I would be able to put pictures on this blog but I've tried uploading them three times and it's being really slow so I give up. Today is my birthday. Yay! I wonder how old I'll be before I finally quit getting excited for birthdays. What I wanted to post pictures of was yesterday. I went home from work to find a note stuck on the door leading me on a scavenger hunt. Cassie, Jessica and Amber were in on it together. It took me from my front door to a picture in the living room to the fellowship hall piano to Cassie's bike to the cemetary to the freezer to the mailbox and finally to the men's bathroom in the fellowship hall. My present was Mt. Dew, my favorite kind of gum and the kind of dental floss that I use. Funny. But it was practical so it was right up my alley. It was really fun though. I started grinning as soon as I found the first note and didn't quit until long after the hunt was over. Cassie stole my camera and took pictures along the way to document the hunt which is what I was going to post but......... to no avail. But it was fun. I think I already mentioned that.
I'm so ready for this week to be over. It's been the most insane week I've had in a long time and it's wearing me out. One more day...... one more day........

This will be the first Labor Day weekend since I've moved that I haven't gone to IL. There's a lot going on down here so I'm perfectly fine with staying but I just got invited to a cookout/slash volleyball with my old friends that I never see anymore which kinda bummed me out to not be able to go but such is life.
ANYways, the library is fixin' to close so I'm gonna be done now. We're going to go get ice cream to celebrate this anniversary of my birth. I didn't even get to blow out any candles:( Oh well. I don't have the hugest lung capacity so I probably wouldn't even get them all blown out anyway. Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Mama Runner said...

Happy b-day!

Raquel said...

i'm sure your mama back in IL will have a cake with candles waiting on you when you come home next time! ;-]
feliz cumpleanos (yeah i didn't feel like switching my keyboard to spanish therefore the spelling isn't right there...haha)

Karen and Joe said...

Happy birhtday Sarah! Sounds like a fun day, a surprise scavenger hunt and ice cream! Yeah! Hope you have a super fun weekend!
P.S. I still get excited for my birhtdays too! :)

Rebekah said...

Happy Birthday, Sarah! Love ya!

JK said...

So sad to miss you...oh well, at least you'll be coming down in a few weeks!

Love you.

Erin said...

the lung capacity comment make me laugh. memories of you swimming across the pool come flooding back.... :)

Love you and can't wait until the 19th!!!!