Monday, May 11, 2009

Wal*Mart Excursion number 1,583,294,803

I really have no clue how many times I've graced the Athens Wal*Mart with my presence. When I first moved I wanted so badly for something to do that I would go if I just needed a few things. I would have no problem going multiple times in one day because I was bored and needed to keep busy so I didn't get depressed and homesick. Wal*Mart is about 2 miles from my house so it's very easy to just make a quick trip. Over the course of the last 2 1/2 years, my feelings for Wal*Mart have changed drastically. I now avoid it as much as possible. There was much rejoicing and celebration when the Publix grocery store opened about 1/2 mile from my house. Now about the only reason I hit up that dreary old Wal*Mart is to get the preschool groceries. Which is what I was doing tonight. Monday is preschool grocery day. I like to try and go during the day if I can get away from work. But it's been a little crazy lately while we've been getting ready for graduation, so I have been going in the evenings. Tonight though, we had plans to help clean someone's house from church. So by the time I got to WM, it was 9:00. I was already tired. I pulled in and reached for my purse when I realized it was back at home sitting in my bedroom. Back home I went, got my purse and headed back. Now I was even more tired. And that cart gets pretty heavy when it's filled with enough food for 26 kids. I was just kind of dragging around the store. Then in the checkout line I broke a nail while reaching in to get some stuff out of my cart. And it hurt. That didn't help matters. But then when I was walking out, I saw a man who looked to be about 80 years old standing by the magazine rack. He was reading a Cosmo magazine. Kinda weird, kinda creepy, but funny enough to make me end my Wal*Mart excursion with a smile.
Now as a sidenote, if you wouldn't mind just sending up a little prayer for the aforementioned graduation that would be great. It's Thursday night. We only have three practices left and some of the kids hardly know their lines. I don't expect you to spend much time in prayer over this, but just a little "breathe a prayer" would be appreciated. That the kids could remember their lines. And also maybe that they would be scared enough that they behave but not so scared that they get complete stage fright and don't do anything. Thanks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you guys were going to clean at David's tonight...how did it go? I'm sure everything will go great on Thurs!! And if not...we all know that these are
2-5 year olds that we're watching :)

Anonymous said...

Oops..that was me :)
Hope

Kristi said...

*Breathing a prayer for Sarah*

Erin said...

Tossing up lots of prayers for you. No the poor girl didn't have any numbing meds we just made her bite a pice of wood while we pulled out her wisdom tooth..... wait that wouldn't work... Yes we gave her a shot to numb her we are not COMPLETELY heartless down here:) Have a great week I love you!

Ang said...

Yay :) It's been awhile.
I'm talking to you.