Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Heard Around Work Recently.......

After having some toilet issues we didn't let the kids flush for awhile. We just went in periodically and did it so they wouldn't get overworked. Today though, I told one kid it was okay to go ahead and flush and this was the conversation:
Dustin: "You mean it's okay to flush now?"
Me: "Yeah it's fine."
D: "Really?!?"
M: "Seriously"
D: "You mean the girls can flush the girls potties and the boys can flush the boys potties?!?!"
M: "Yep"
And as I walked away I heard him say "Wow, it's really fun to flush the toilet!"

After getting a small scrape on his arm that produced an even smaller amount of blood I hear one boy say "Chloe! Come lick this! Blood tastes just like chicken!"

Then there's poor little Ty who can't have ice-cream because his mom is conviced he's allergic to dairy. (I'm not so convinced.) Today he accidentally was given some ice cream and had taken a bite before we noticed and took it away from him. Which resulted in quite the meltdown. I told him he could lay on his mat until he was calmed down. And in between sobs he says "I-I-I-I'm... *sob* *sob* *wheeze * *hiccup* I'm C-C-C-C-ALM!!!" The kid's as cute as a bug and I just love him to pieces (how can I not- he says he's my boyfriend and tells me I'm beautiful!) but that just didn't qualify as calm in my book:)

Well now I've been sitting here snacking on blueberries and I just managed to polish off the entire box. They're so good! I'll have plenty of antioxidants in my body now but I just might regret eating so many come tomorrow!

I only have one more real day of work left this week. Just tomorrow, that's all. I'm going to make cookies with my kids. Thursday we're taking a field trip to a local park so that will be a fun morning and I'm leaving Thursday afternoon for home for Kristi's wedding which will be even more fun!

Good night!

1 comment:

erin said...

Kristi's Wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i e-mailed you.