Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Once Upon A Time

I was just reflecting back on my high school days. A couple years during HS I did a program where I would go over to the elementary school during my study hall and help out a teacher. The first year I was in a first grade classroom and loved it so much. It was then that I decided I would one day work with kids. From the time I was in third grade up until that point I had planned on being a vet. But after I started doing the PALS program I completely changed my mind. I was so sad when the school year ended because I had grown so attatched to those kids. Well then the teacher I had been helping got pregnant and decided that she would not return to teaching the next school year. (By the way, the teacher I was with was actually my third grade teacher. She said I made her feel old.) So I had a choice of staying with first grade and being with a new teacher or moving up to second grade with the kiddos I had come to love. I knew one of the second grade teachers pretty well so I decided to go ahead and move up. And I loved it the second year just as much. Ever since then I'd see some of those kids names in the paper for some kind of achievement or what not. But now, I'm the one feeling old because I just saw all their names and pictures in the paper for graduating high school. Kinda weird.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel old when kids I once babysat get married!!! Something feels so very wrong about that!

Ang said...

Who are these children...???
I babysat Travis LEman...and he gets married this week. Weird.

erin said...

Hmmm...I'm not quite that old. Ha ha....I did babysit the Hodel clan and Collin just graduated and he is the second child. Does that make me old?