Monday, May 25, 2009

Crazy Busy Emotional Weekend

Well I'm pretty much wiped out right about now. As the title said, I had a crazy busy emotional weekend. It was great but it was crazy and busy and emotional. I got to leave work Thursday afternoon about 2:00 and head to Illinois. At that point I was really excited for the weekend, was in really good spirits and had a fun book to listen to so the drive went pretty fast. Friday morning I cut my parents grass which was pretty fun because I haven't done that in years. Then off to Doc's in town for lunch. Friday night I headed to Gridley to see some dear friends of mine, including but not limited to Leah and Tricia. Since all my other friends have gotten married, this group of girls has really stepped up and taken a very special place in my heart. I love them dearly and am so thankful for them.


We spent our evening eating a delicious supper that Katrina grilled for us. Pork chops and shrimp marinated in a carribean jerk sauce. It was incredible. And we found a frog. Rumor has it that if you kiss one, it will turn into a prince who will fall desperately in love with you, marry you and you will live happily ever after. After a little experimenting, we discovered that the rumor IS NOT true. I think Nicole was a little dissapointed to find that out.

Saturday morning started out with another trip to Doc's, this time for breakfast. Then we went up town to watch to parade. It's not terrible exciting- mostly old cars and tractors. But every year without fail, we have the bagpipers:)


Here we are towards the end of the parade when all the firetrucks come through. Libby wasn't a huge fan of all the noise. Oh, and the best part was Angie who was in the parade. She bought a big candy bar at my request and threw it to me when her float went by. Thanks Ang!


After the parade we went to the festival for lunch and to listen to my uncle Steve's group play. Yeah, he's pretty much famous! He's they guy in the pink shirt with the black hair.


Saturday night was, of course, the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. It was just lovely. Lots of nice things were said, laughs were had and tears were shed. I got to sit by Jared (Kristi's brother) so that was fun. He's planning to come down here in August and we will have a grand time, I'm sure of it:)

Saturday night Brit K and Julia spent the night at my parents house with me so they didn't have to drive all the way back home before pictures the next morning. Bright and early, 7:00 Sunday morning we all managed to make it on time with cheery smiles on our faces and hopefully not to terribly saggy eyes. Pictures were fun but I think the poor photographers were getting a little frustrated. We weren't being natural enough of something like that. But Taryn and Kristi did a great job. And since I can't figure out how to do a stinkin link, the website is www.imagineartists.net. Can someone tell me how to do that? And yes, I clicked on the little link picture and typed it in and everything. Anyways, it was great to be able to spend some quality time with Jules before she gets married in two weeks. I lived with her for a year before moving to Athens. We are very different in a lot of ways, but somehow we clicked. And sometimes I really miss that girl!
Getting ready to go over to the church Sunday afternoon.


I didn't get any pictures of the whole wedding party, but I did manage to get this one with Joel and Kristi. I'm so so happy for you two. I love you both and I'm looking forward to visiting you!


After the reception was over it was back home for just a little bit of R&R before going to Caleb and Erin's for Dustin and Mandy's going away party. They moved out to Leo today to serve as Alternate Houseparents. I'm really excited for them, but it's a little sad to see them go. Even though I don't see them a whole lot now, I will see them even less. But I do think it's great that they're going to be out there. And at the party I had a little bit of time to snap a shot of my and my brother Nate. It was fun seeing him and Jamie and Haley again too.


And one final picture with Dustin and Mandy. Caden was tired, cranky, and in no mood for a picture. Libby was a ham as usual. I love you guys!

So..... yeah. There was a lot going on with our family this weekend. Between Kristi getting married and moving to Mexico and D&Mandy moving to Leo, it was definitely emotional. But with both of them there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that it is all God. Absolutely, completely, 100% God. He is good, He is faithful. Even during the crazy busy emotional weekends:)

I made it back home about 8:15 tonight. After driving in rain most of the way and just being exhausted the "Alabama the Beautiful" sign was a welcome sight.

2 comments:

Erin said...

So where's my picture with you? :(

I already miss you a lot and I'm having kind of a tough day and wish you were here. I love you and I am grateful for all the time I got to spend with you this weekend. It was special even though some parts were hard.

Love ya to heaven and back!

Ang said...

I guess I am content with being mentioned...I was looking for a picture of me though...although...I don't think you took one! I love you and miss you already...