Thursday, May 14, 2009

Pomp and Circumstance

Well we didn't actually play that song tonight but we did make it through graduation. The kids did awesome and, as usual, I got a little choked up. I always got choked up when I worked at Jacob's Ladder, too. You spend so much time with these kids and it's just kinda sad when they go off to Kindergarten. We'll have a few of them over the summer still but a lot of them will be done at the end of May and they the only time we'll see them again is if we happen to see them around town. It just makes me feel a little squeeze in my heart to think about it. Nothing too major happened. The biggest incident was when my class was up. Of course. They were reciting a poem and they each had a line to say by themselves. The first girl went and it was fine. But this girl is about the most ram-rod child I have ever met. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING she does is gentle. She is my biggest challenge everyday. She wears me out let me tell ya. Anyways, she says her line and instead of just handing the microphone over to the boy next to her, she pretty much threw it to him and it smacked him right in the mouth. He was stunned but after a few seconds started to say his line. Which was when I discovered that the impact of the mike on his mouth made it short out or something. So I messed with it for awhile but it was no use. So my poor children had to try and shout their lines loud enough for everyone to hear. And they are all pretty timid around strangers (except for girl number one) so the shouting didn't work out so well. I know nobody could hear them. Oh well. We sang two songs as well and they did great on those so I guess it's all good. I'm really glad to be done though. It's a load off my shoulders, that's for sure. It's been a long day, I'm really tired and my feet hurt. So on that note, good night.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I'll try to find a megaphone for you to use next year as back up incase the mic fails again. Have a great weekend. I love you

Kristi said...

So glad to hear everything went well...I knew it would.

Can't wait to see you next weekend! Love you.