Sunday, May 17, 2009

It's Boots and Chaps and Cowboy Hats

High five to the first person to tell me what song that line is from. (The line being the title of the post.) And who sings it.


I started out my day this morning by going to Devin's tee ball game. He won. Woo hoo! But I didn't get any pictures. Didn't even take my camera. Then I ran a whole bunch of errands, then it was rodeo time! We ate at Logan's before we went. Mmmmmm......... those rolls are amazing.
Then we headed to the rodeo arena. It's right in Athens and we have a rodeo in May and one in July. Hope left us because the weather was pretty iffy and she wasn't super excited about going to a rodeo anyways. I don't know why- I love going. So if I love it, everyone else should too, right? But the rain held off the whole time thankfully.


Okay, from here on out bear with me. Between the poor lighting, poor camera and very fast motion, it was nearly impossible to get a good picture. But since I enjoyed myself so much I wanted to post them anyways. So just use your imagination on the blurry ones:) They kicked everything off with the bareback bronc riding.




Then (Kristi, brace yourself) it was calf roping. Kristi went with me to the July one a couple years ago. She had never been to a rodeo before. After the fact she decided that she liked it except for the calf roping. She thought it was a little too inhumane or something.



There was also steer wresting which I really like but the pictures I have of that are so bad there's no use even trying to use your imagination. In between each event they have some sort of entertainment. For instance, chuckwagon racing........


A chicken chase for kids 10 and under. There's about 50 kids and 5 chickens. If you catch the chicken you get some money and the chicken!

Then after lots of talking and blah blah blah about who won Miss Rodeo queen blah blah blah, it's time for barrel racing. Which I happen to think is pretty cool.


Finally at the very end is the bull riding. Only one guy made the buzzer. He deserved it though because the bull slammed him into the gate and knocked him out. He was okay- he came to after just a few seconds and shook it off.

And what would a rodeo be without the clown? I guess he decided that since the arena had pretyt much turned into a swimming pool he would take full advantage of it.


So it was fun. I know not everyone would be into it, but I'm a pretty big fan. I hope you weren't too terribly bored reading through that. I suppose if you were you're probably not still reading. But anyways, that's my exciting news for the weekend!

9 comments:

Heidi said...

It's "Rodeo" by Georage Strait. :)

And now I get a high five!

sarah said...

You only get a low five because it's not George Strait.

Erin said...

Rodeo by Garth Brooks! Do I win? Have a great weekend!

sarah said...

Yes! You get the gold star for the day:)

Erin said...

when does the rodeo come in July?

Just a few more days!

Erin said...

Yay! My FIRST Gold Star!!! I don't think my day could get any better. Hey Sarah... What are you thinking right now?

Ang said...

Man...if I would've read this first, I would've been the winner. I am now singing it in my head. THANKS A LOT.
I miss you.
But I get to see you in 3 or 4 days. Wish I could remember. I will just think it's 4 and if it's 3 I will be pleasantly surprised!
Peace!

FAPORT International said...

Bravo! beautiful images...
nice post...

Kristi said...

Sarah...I'm so disappointed in you...calf-roping pictures...really? You should try harder to protect the tender-hearted. ;)

Love you. See you soon!