Wednesday, April 29, 2009

He's Still Workin' On Me

Last night I realized that 13 years ago yesterday I was baptized. Some days it feels like that was a long time ago and some days it feels like it just happened. I started repenting in November of 1994 and was baptized in 1996. Looking back I know I've grown but sometimes feel discouraged because it feels like I should have come farther than where I am. Good thing God doesn't give up on us, right?

He's still workin on me, to make me what I ought to be
It took him just a week to make the moon and the stars
The sun and the earth and jupiter and mars
How loving and patient he must be
He's still working on me
In the mirror of His word, reflections that I see
Make me wonder why he never gave up on me
But he loves me as I am and he helps me when I pray
Remember he's the potter I'm the clay
He's still workin on me......
We sing that with the kids a lot at the preschool and it's become one of my favorites. Especially when they sing it at the top of their lungs with their little southern accents:)

7 comments:

Girls Bible Study said...

I had that same thought in April when I realized I had been a Christian for 10 years. Sometimes I feel like I am no more mature or stronger in my faith than I was back then. But then I look back and can see how much God has changed me and my heart and all the things I have grown through over the years.
I enjoy listening to that song also. It's such a great reminder of a great truth!!

Anonymous said...

oops! That was me that left the last comment. I forgot to sign out of the GBS account and into mine before I posted.

Erin said...

I Love that Song! I get to go home on Friday! No Skydiving the weather never changed from dreary, but thats okay. Enjoy the rest of your week! I love you!

Karen and Joe said...

What a good reminder to have! That is a sweet song and i bet even sweeter when sung by the preschoolers! :)

Erin said...

I'm glad to know I am not the only one that feels that way.

Love ya!

Unknown said...

Phil 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. 7 It is right for me to feel this way about you all, because I hold you in my heart, for you are all partakers with me of grace.... 9 And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, 10 so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, 11 filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.

His work will be completed.....that I am sure of!

Anonymous said...

Dear Sarah,

God is still working with all of us, but know that your dad and I have often commented on the spiritual growth we have seen in you over the years. Yes, you repented young, but with God's grace you persevered and continued to grow. We are SO THANKFUL for you and your faith. We love you and appreciate you always. We continue to pray for you and need your prayers, too. God be with and bless you always!!
Dad and Mom