Monday, April 13, 2009

adventures in preschool

If there's one thing I hate with a passion it's snakes. And we had one today at the preschool. I was inside getting all the mats laid out after lunch and having the kids all go to the bathroom before nap. I went out to call another kid and Miss Louise hollers that there's a snake over where she was. All the kids were crowded around trying to see. Thank goodness it was a real little guy. But both of us hate them and so we spent quite a lot of time just trying to work up enough nerve to kill it or trap it somehow. I said to get me a baseball bat and I was going to start beating it. But all we have is the plastic wiffle ball bats and she didn't think that would do the trick. So she ran over it with a tricycle. Man that thing was tough. It took forever for it to die. So while she had it trapped with the bike I ran to the kitchen and got a knife. By the time I got back it was pretty much dead but we finished him off with the knife just to make sure. Miss Louise said he struck at one of our boys. But really. He was really really little. The picture makes him look bigger. YUCK! They are so nasty!!!!

And now, if you're officially grossed out, I'm sorry. But we don't normally have snakes come play with us. So I thought I'd let you all in on the fun.

8 comments:

Erin said...

You get the gold star of the day for your Bravery! Good Job You! I love you.

sarah said...

YES!!!! After all this time I FINALLY get the gold star!!!!

Erin said...

ummm...a knife. Hilarious. I can just see you. I can't wait until the 25th!!

Heidi said...

GROSS!!! That picture seriously made me shudder.

sarah.flyingkites said...

That is so funny! Running over it with a bike? Very creative!!!

Way to go!

Erin said...

Did you quite the preschool and not tell me?

Mandy said...

The only thing I can say is "WOW"! Very creative!

Karen and Joe said...

LOL!! Holy cow! That is a great story! Joe and were laughing out loud! I can't believe you guys ran over it with a tricycle! I can't imagine what that was like or what sound effects that made!! eeewwww!