Tuesday, April 07, 2009

If I Had

If I had a dollar for every time I've blown my nose the past two days, I could buy a plane ticket and take a vacation. Except I would want to wait for my poor, raw nose to heal before I went anywhere.
If I had a dollar for every time one of the kids asked me "why are you sick?" today, I could upgrade that ticket to first class. This too shall pass, huh?
Okay, complete change of subject now. Since the preschool is church affiliated we are not licensed by the DHR. (DCFS in Illinois) And every year we have to renew our exemption. So I did. And I thought I was doing everything right. Not so. They called yesterday afternoon to let me know all the things that I had not done right. And I started feeling really overwhelmed and started crying to the lady over the phone. I felt dumb. Because not only was I crying to her, I had a couple parents come in right then to pick up their kid. They were a lot more sympathetic and understanding than Ms. Willie Dickerson was. (The DHR lady) It's really not a huge deal either. But when I'm not feeling good, problems that actually are this big seem to be about
this big. But it's all working out and I thank the Lord for nice, understanding parents who are cooperative and make me feel better about all my dumb issues.
Tomorrow we're decorating Easter eggs. I like doing Easter eggs. They're fun.
A few days ago one of our girls grandpa's brought her in. He told us he couldn't quite figure out her diaper and so he taped it together. We looked after he left and sure enough, there was her diaper being held together by scotch tape. Funny.
Well this morning was attempt number one to get up and exercise before work in the morning. It failed. I better go to bed now so I can be ready for attempt number two tomorrow. Good night!

2 comments:

Erin said...

2 days! All my bags are packed and I'm ready to go. This morning I typed 27 pages of Sudent info. It was a party, Tomorrow I am off to MoBay! I love you

Lisa said...

Can't wait to see you and your tan legs this weekend;)