Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Weekend

Well, I had a great weekend. It was so good to be home with my family and see some friends too. The only bad part was leaving. Especially when the girl on the radio says "Happy Easter Sunday to you. Are you having a good day? I hope you're with your family." And my mom's side of the family was getting together and I was NOT with them. That sure didn't help the leaving situation. And I had to drive in rain most of the way home. But I made it safely, thank the Lord.
I got up there Thursday night about 11:00. Friday I went to Olive Garden and shopping with Mandy, Jamie and Haley. But I forgot to take any pictures. The goal was to get a church outfit. And I did. Not one that I just love but it'll do. I like it. And Jamie and Mandy were very patient with me while we shopped. (I'm not a good shopper and really struggle to stay in a good mood when I go.) But we'll just say, it could've been worse. It HAS been worse in the past. I thought I did pretty good at staying happy. Right girls:)
After church on Friday (which was really good by the way) Dustin and Mandy came to our house with Libby and Caden to dye eggs. I love to dye eggs. So does my mom apparently. While I was driving home I called her and said that's what I wanted to do Friday night. She said that was good. She already had the eggs ready and was just waiting to see who she could do it with:)
Here's Libby and Caden doing an egg. I think Caden got more excited about the cookie we gave him than the eggs.

Dustin showing his patriotism. I guess he does a red white and blue egg every year.


Some of the finished product. They're just so pretty! I don't understand how anyone could not enjoy dyeing eggs.


Saturday morning I got to see Kristi for a little while. I had a fitting for her bridemaid's dresses so she picked me up and we went together. But she had just got off work and was really tired so we went more for the quality time rather than the quantity. For lunch on Saturday I went to Monical's with some of my Jamaica friends. Erin D is home and so that was a good excuse to get together. Ahem. Might have been the best part of my weekend. But don't tell my family that.


So then after sitting at Monical's for a couple hours I went over to Gridley to visit Katrina who is currently an invalid. Earlier that week I sent her a care package with crayons and a coloring book. If you look on the fridge behind us you can see that we put them to good use:)

Saturday night we had Hodel Easter (no pictures) and Sunday I got to see my cousins who were home from Phoenix. (no pictures again) I haven't seen them in probably four or five years. Long enough for them to have three kids that I hadn't met until now. It was so good to see them. I wish I could have spent a little more time with them.
And then church got over which meant it was time for me to journey on home to Alabama again. (but not before getting an Easter basket) Yes, I'm 26. Yes, I still get an Easter basket. Is that a problem?
I get to go back in two weeks for Kristi's showers. I have a lot of stuff I'm going up for in the next couple months. I'm excited for all the stuff I'll be doing but I'm not too excited about all the driving it requires. It gets to be long. Especially when I do it a lot in a short amount of time. But it's okay. All right, now has come the part of the post where I have started to ramble so I need to just quit. Good night everyone!




3 comments:

Erin said...

I had so much fun with you on Sat. and now I'm already bored so... if you have anything i can do let me know quick. Have a great week I love you!

Anonymous said...

Is that the Monical's in El Paso? - Jeremy

Karen and Joe said...

awww, it was so nice to see you too! I wish we had more time together too! So glad you made the trip up and glad you made it home safe! Hopefully it will be sooner that we see each other again, and we don't have 3 more kids for you to meet! haha jk!