Sunday, April 26, 2009

Shower Weekend

This weekend I was able to go up for Kristi's showers. Well, the personal shower was really why I was going but I did get a chance to swing by her church shower too. My dress is done! I went in for my final fitting Saturday morning and it's all finished! But I forgot my shoes at the shop so, Erin or Kristi could you get them for me when you go in next? Oh. And you're supposed to pick up my dress too because she hasn't done the last steam/press thing. Thanks. I forgot to ask you all weekend long so I'm asking you now.

Anyway, I got to go out for lunch with Mom, Jamie and Haley on Saturday. Haley was in a good mood and she was just so stinkin cute! Then I headed to Erin's to get ready for the shower. I only got a few pictures.


Sporting our aprons. She had a really cute one and a really not cute one. Guess which one she let me use? It did the trick though. My clothes stayed clean, ugly apron and all.

We had a salad bar and one of our toppings was grilled chicken. But it started to rain really hard right when Erin needed to get the chicken done. I just thought it was kinda cute seeing her grill holding an umbrella.


Guest of honor! I can't believe she's getting married in just four weeks. When they first got engaged it seemed like it would be forever until May 24 rolled around. But now it's just right around the corner. Craziness.
After Jamie left the shower I got a phone call from her asking if I had gotten any messages from mom and dad. I hadn't so she informed me that dad was in the ER because he had gotten snapped in the eye with a chain. Something about him pulling it tight and trying to snap it into place. It had a lot of tension and it came unsnapped and hit him right in the eye. Something like that. He's okay though, minus a really nasty looking swollen shut eye with a glued up gash on his eyelid. And on either Wednesday or Thursday, can't remember which one for sure, Nate was out working and cut off the tip of his finger and ended up in the ER. He'll be okay too. He had surgery and has a pin in his finger right now. But really now. Both in the ER in a matter of days. I'm very thankful that they were both fairly minor injuries. But if you've ever noticed that I'm not the most graceful person around, now you know I get it honestly!


2 comments:

erin said...

I have to set up a time to get my dress too so I'll get it when I go to pick up mine. I am going to get it in a couple weeks and I am going to lose 5 pounds before I get it. :)

I really enjoyed my weekend with you. Especially our little talk in the bathroom and after the shower. :) Love ya lots and I can't wait until the wedding!!!

Erin said...

I sure wish I could have seen your sweet face too! Maybe next year. Have a great week. I love you.