Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Weekend Full Of Thanksgiving

Drove up Wednesday afternoon/night.  Traffic wasn't too bad except for Nashville.  Thursday church, 2 hour nap and Hodel Thanksgiving.  I'm not sure who had more fun playing after supper, the kids or the guys......



At one point they had this huge setup with a giant track for the cars going almost the whole lenght of the stairs and then a ramp built off of a chair to see how far they could get the cars to fly.  Dustin can use the excuse of having a son that needs to be entertained.  Herb?  Not so much.  Also got to spend some time with my little punkin.  She's so stinkin cute!  Since I last saw her she has most definitely switched from the baby stage to the "I know what I want" toddler stage.  I just adore her!  And her ears- I adore her ears as well:)



While all the kids (and the big boys) were playing with the racetrack, the rest of us spent some quality time together.




Don't be jealous of how attractive we are. 
Friday I was able to have lunch with a few of my old roommates.  I love getting together with them.  We had no problem killing a couple hours at Panera just chatting it up.  I miss these girls! 



Saturday was the ever so exciting annual JUGS trip.  Just Us Girls Shopping.  I've probably explained it before, but just in case....  It started when I was 8 years old.  My aunt Bev took all her nieces out to eat and shopping.  Which, at that time consisted of going to Washington for pizza and then Wal*Mart.  Then as we got older we started going to the mall cause that's such a cool thing to do, ya know.  But it's kinda come full circle because this year we went to Washington for pizza and then to Wal*Mart!  Only this time instead of spending our hard earned allowance money on candy and such we had things to get like diapers and milk!  No matter where we go though, we always have so much fun. 



Bev decided the Salvation Army bell ringer needed some cheering up or something.  So we sang Joy to the World to him.  Brought a huge smile to his face!




Good times, good times.  I love my family!  Saturday night I went to Gridley to hang out with Katrina and LeaAnn.  The whole weekend went really fast.  I wasn't quite ready to pack up and head home but work was calling my name so I had to.  Terrible traffic on the way home.  Thanksgiving traffic is worse than Christmas traffic.  Ugh.  But I made it with no real problems so I can't complain I guess.  We only have three weeks until our Christmas break starts but they are pretty packed full and I feel a little overwhelmed when I sit and think about it.  But then after that we get two weeks off work and after that is my Jamaica trip!  This weekend my cousin Erin is coming down for a visit.  She's never been here and it's high time.  I'm very excited!  Lots to look forward to in the next month:)

6 comments:

JK said...

Only 4 ex-Queenwood girls made it to the reunion? That's so sad. :( But I guess we all had to grow up and move on sometime. That pic really makes me miss the girls. Have fun this weekend!

Karen and Joe said...

FUN weekend!! Love the goofy pic of the 3 of you! haha

Erin said...

2 more days!!!! I tried to call you this morning to leave you a fun message but my phone is obnoxious and lost your call and then wouldn't even go through. *ugh*

Erin said...

so the best part of that post is about this little trip you will be taking to this little land I love called JA!!! WooHoo. Today I started throwing stuff in suitcases because I thought that would be easier then putting it away. So now I have a Kingston bag started and a states bag... 1 week and 2 days.... I am going to go sit in the sun... I love you have a great day. Blessings

Angie said...

Hewwo!
I thoroughly enjoyed this post, as I was a part of many of the topics :) I am still depressed about this weekend. But I'll get over it. Specially since we're going to STONEY CREEK! Woot woot. I miss you already and can't wait for Christmas!

Anonymous said...

glad you explained what JUGS means
I sure been wondering.Saw you from
a distance Sunday. Sorry I didn't
meet you. I continue to enjoy your
blog