Thursday, December 17, 2009

Another Play Come and Gone

Tonight was our annual Christmas play at the preschool.  I really didn't want to have one this year because they're just so much work and there's always so much to do before we leave on our break.  But after several parents made it pretty clear that they really wanted it, we decided to go ahead with it.  Nothing too major happend.  All the main characters got nervous or something and forgot all their lines.  The angel told Mary the thing that she was supposed to tell Joseph.  "Mary is going to have a baby.  Get married to her and then name the baby Jesus."  Mary couldn't think of her lines and just sat there and laughed.  Joseph completely forgot his lines.  The original innkeeper couldn't come because of a death in the family so we pulled the goat out of the stable and made him the innkeeper with only two days left before the play.  So he didn't know his lines.  After the innkeepers part was over he went off to the side to where King Herod was.  King Herod then proceeded to tickle the innkeeper instead of siting nicely in his throne.  Wiseman number 1 froze completely even though he said his lines by himself every day at practice.  Wiseman number 2 decided she was carrying frankincense instead of myhrr.  Yes- she.  We have a big shortage of boys right now and had to have two wisemen and one wisewoman.  BUT,  the things that happened tonight made it funny.  It definitely wasn't as stressful as the first year I was here.  Now that was crazy.  Oh, if you click on that link you're going to have to highlight the text to be able to read it. 
Now I have to work on packing.  I have my two week break to pack for and also my trip to Jamaica.  I usually go in March but for some reason am going in January this year.  Usually I'm so excited when I'm only two weeks away from Jamaica but there's just been way too much going on.  I just hope I get everything I need because I'm leaving from IL for the trip and won't be back here.  I guess as long as I have my passport I'm good to go.  Anyways.  Sorry there's no pictures.  I always wish I could post a bunch of my kids pictures but I can't.  Bummer.  I'm tired.  Not sure why I'm still up.  Good night everyone.

1 comment:

JK said...

Oh Sarah Jo...give my mother a hug for me and tell her Merry Christmas will you? Tell her to pretend that you are me. :) Thanks! Love you and wish I were in IL to see you. :(