Sunday, December 13, 2009

Good Weekend, No Pictures:(

Friday: Christmas caroling, birthday party for Jessica and Anna
Saturday: Devin's basketball game (he lost), hours upon hours of Christmas shopping, short nap, date with Devin!  I wanted to take him for lunch right after his game but he just really didn't want to go because he was afraid he would miss the birthday party he was going to that afternoon.  So we decided to wait until supper time.  Good choice- he was in a great mood and we had the best time we've ever had on our little dates.  Probably because he knew he was getting a present for Christmas and was excited about that.  First thing he says when we got in the car- "Where's my toy?"  We ordered a pizza and went to Blockbuster and got Alvin and the Chipmunks.  Came to my house and opened presents.  I gave him a transformer and a Bible story book.  I told him the transformer might be more fun but the book is way more important he had to read it.  The whole time we watched the movie he'd keep opening it up and looking at it.  That made me happy:)  I love that boy.
Sunday: church (of course), Christmas program at church, lunch with Tyler and Whitney, spend the next 2 1/2 hours getting food ready for Christmas potluck, potluck, PRESENT:), apples to apples, wrap preschool kids presents, crash.

Well, that's it.  Boring boring post, I know.  But I didn't take any pictures all weekend (slacker) and I like to update for the sake of my family who I'm sure is absolutely dying to know all the nitty gritty details of my life:) 

My dad is having surgery on Tuesday.  I hope he doesn't mind that I'm putting this on here for anyone to see.  He has prostate cancer and while they caught it at an early stage and everything should be fine, we'd still appreciate any prayers you could offer up on his behalf.  Thanks and have a great week!

2 comments:

erin said...

i loveth hearing all about your weekends and days...i'm glad you had a good date with Devin...

i'll see you soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

We will have your dad in our prayers. He is a great guy