Monday, December 07, 2009

Erin and..... Other Stuff

Erin finally came down to visit me this weekend.  It was tons of fun but I failed miserably in the area of picture taking.  We had homemade pizza, homemade chex mix, several movies, Christmas shopping, pretzel dipping, Devin's basketball game... The only time I got pictures was when we were dipping pretzels.  We had gone to Publix to get almond bark and on the way home I thought about having the Edelman girls over to help us.  So we swung by their place to get them (and their next door neighbor).  It was fun and tasty:)



We stayed busy all weekend but it was all good.  I rarely reccomend movies, but if you are looking for a good clean laugh, I highly reccoment Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian.  But make sure you've seen the first one before you watch that one.  Seriously- it's hilarious!  Thanks for coming Erin!  I had a blast!

Now, onto something completely different.  One thing I've noticed since being in Alabama is that there's Christmas decorating and then there's Redneck Christmas decorating.  Actually, not just Christmas- all kinds of decorating.  When rednecks decorate, they just find and empty spot on the wall, hammer in a nail and hang up whatever it is they want to hang up.  Pictures, plaques, shelves with trinkets, you name it.  One house I've been to does their Christmas decorating by hanging all their ornaments from the living room ceiling.  Like, the ceiling is literally covered with these ornaments.  It's kinda funny.  Anyway, I think it's starting to rub off.  As much as I love Christmas, I don't have a lot of decorations and since I'm not even here for half of December I don't really worry about it.  But Cassie decided we needed something.  So last weekend when she was home for Thanksgiving, she brought a box of her decorations home with her.  The only problem was, we don't really have anywhere to put them.  BUT.... we do have a few random nails sticking out of our walls......





And really, you don't even need a nail!  We discovered scotch tape works well too:)




As does a fruit plate.  Directions: Remove fruit from plate.  Replace with nativity set.



Yes, we are pretty classy round these parts!  Merry Christmas everyone!

6 comments:

babs said...

Hey I like your decorations- just
think how quickly you can put them
away - thats my kind of decor
Babs

Cassie said...

quite possibly one of the funniest posts you have EVER posted.....the only thing it was missing was my kindergarten ointment (as miss louise says) hanging in the kitchen.....and a picture of Erin staring at my unwashed sheets with a horrified/disgusted face would have been a good cherry on the top:)

Erin said...

I will just start calling you martha stewart! look at you go being all creative/redneckish:) Do we have a date to meet when you and I are closer then an ocean apart? If so and you could let me know that would be great! 4 days! Love and Blessings

erin said...

I had fun. And I love you. Thanks for the great weekend!

Angie said...

I just died when I saw your decorations! You are a true Alabamian now. It's -18 wind chill up here today...be glad you're down there!

Anonymous said...

[b]NationalClicks.com-Free Adult, Sexy Videos, Pictures, Games.[/b]

[b]**NOTE:[/b] We are your ONLY Free Softcore Adult Playground with over 20 Free Social Communities built towards your favorite fantasy.

You don't have a favorite fantasy? You should.

Maybe its Hot Teachers, Hot Mom's, Hot Wives, Lingerie, Daisy Dukes, Nip Slips, Sexy Legs, Booty or Panties.

Don't worry, we have you covered.

With over 20 Free Hot Social Communities to upload Pictures, Videos and Blogs we are sure to have what you want.


[b]Check it out, have some fun, interact and enjoy all the free stuff.
[/b]