Friday, November 27, 2009

Scrumpdillyicious

Scrumpdillyicious.  That's a word my Grandma Hodel uses to describe something that's really tasty.  And tonight my belly was full of food that was scrumpdillyicious.  Don't really have a whole lot to post about but today I had a two hour nap and tonight I had a Mt. Dew so I am nowhere near tired. 
I drove up Wednesday night and got in around 10:30.  Aside from Nashville Thanksgiving traffic, all went well.  Tonight was Hodel Thanksgiving, tomorrow is Aeschlemans.  Also tomorrow I get to go out for lunch with some of my old roommates!  We usually try to get together over the holidays.  Kristi I'm really sad you won't be around to go out with us:(  It's kinda crazy though, when we were sending messages back and forth trying to get something set up, I realized that there were more of us living out of state/out of country than there were living in central IL.  Oh, how things change in just a few years time!  Speaking of change, me and Erin were talking tonight about last years Thanksgiving dinner.  We were in Magdalena and Kristi had just met Joel.  And now look- she's married to him and living in Mexico!  We wish we could have been on that team again.  Kristi, you were most definitely missed tonight.
Saturday is JUGS, which might have to be another post all by itself.  I really don't have a whole lot to say but I'm just so wide awake that I have to do something.  So blogging it is.  Why didn't I bring something to read?  I have three books sitting unread in my bedroom and I could have gotten a really good start on them tonight.  Oh!  I just yawned!  Mayber there's still hope for a night of rest.  Maybe I'll at least go get ready for bed and then hope for the best.  Good night and Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanksgivings do change so much year to year now that we are older. We have 3 new people this year. It's so big this year that we had to turn the table on an angle to fit everyone. We're also running out of chairs. What is JUGS? I'll have to read your blog in a few days to figure it out.

LeaAnn

Erin said...

4 days.

JK said...

Aww...I'm glad I was missed. It just really doesn't feel like the Holidays this year. We went shopping before picking up Jared (just a few errands) and people were Christmas shopping in shorts and tank tops...that's just WRONG!

Oh well. Hope you and Erin have fun this weekend! :)