Sunday, August 09, 2009

Leo Weekend

Went up to Leo this weekend for the sale. It was a good time. I was excited to go because Dustin and Mandy are there now and I could stay with them. Come to find out though, they planned on leaving right after the sale on Saturday for Florida. My aunt, uncle and cousin were out there too so I thought I could just do something with them on Saturday night. But no, they were leaving too. Jena was spending the weekend with her family so I was left to fend for myself. I ended up going to Buffalo Wild Wings on Saturday with a few friends. It was my first BWW experience and it was tasty enough that I would go back. But Sunday morning I had to brave church all by myself. It wasn't too bad though- I survived:) The only picture I got was of me and my cousin Lydia. She's........11 maybe? Going into 6th grade. She's pretty cool- she rode with me to the sale and we spent the day walking around together. It was fun because I don't ever really spend a whole lot of time with her. So despite the rain, we had a good time together.

I tried to get a couple different things but they both went over my budget. One of the things I bid on went $1100 over my budget. Yikes.


My poor car- it makes a terrible noise, but only sometimes. Sometimes I start it up and it's just fine. Sometimes it makes a super loud, shrill, ear drum blasting squeal. It only lasts for about 10 seconds, but boy it's loud. I never know when it's going to squeal, but it's humbling when there's people around to hear it. Sunday after church I said a little prayer that my car would please not squeal in this parking lot full of people. My friends, God decided that the appropriate answer to that prayer was NO! Oh boy, I just wanted to crawl under a rock. But there were no rocks in my car to be crawled under so I just kept my chin up and drove on out of there with a sheepish grin on my face!

Met up with Jena in Ft. Wayne and got back on the road to Alabama. I'm not used to the whole gaining an hour thing and so when we pulled in a little after 9:00 tonight I was very happy.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Sounds like fun and I love it when cars have there own unique little quirks. Yours just happens to be a very loud and at times humbling quirk:) I hope you have a great week... still waiting for a phone call so I can go be productive...love you

Erin said...

I wish I could have been there to walk around with you and Lydia. I guess some other time. Love you.

Angie said...

no mention of your phone convo on the road...