Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Just For Angie

After this post, a certain someone can quit complaining that she's never made it on my blog.
My, my- wherever do I begin? I can never remember a time when Angie was not in my life. She is 9 months younger than me, we grew up about 3 miles apart from each other and we are double first cousins. (Moms are sisters and dads are brothers.) I never had a sister before my brother got married, and Angie was a great stand in. There were a lot of times that people thought we really were sisters. Let me see if I can't sit here and come up with a few memories....

Some of these probably mostly just Angie will appreciate, but, as the title of the post says, this is just for Angie anyways so that's okay:)

1.) After persuading our parents to let us spend the night at each others houses after every family get together- (it's like we thought we were being so cool and sneaky- that the parents had no clue we were going to ask EVERY time) if we were at her house her dad would sit us down and tell us "Herman the Mouse" stories. My favorite was the one where Herman was in a helicopter. The helicopter went chopchopchopchopchopchopchopchopchopchopchopchopchop and there were had motions to go with the chopchopchopchopchopchopchopchopchopchopchopchopchop.

2.) Lots and lots and lots of MASH games.

3.) If, while at the aforementioned family gatherings, one of us had to go number 2, the other one would stand in the bathtub that was directly across from the toilet and entertain the one doing her business. Usually by singing, dancing or telling stories. Angie's stories were almost always about a boy named Jonny.

4.) Silent treaments. This is what she did if she was mad at me. I would cry and beg and plead for her to talk to me but she just wouldn't. She was cold and cruel. When she did that I would usually give up after awhile and go play with her sister Erin. Erin was much nicer. I'm scarred for life from those silent treatments.

5.) And rather than tell the story and completely embarrass her, I'll just say one word. Boogers.

Obviously, after a lifetime together, that's nowhere near all the memories. But for the sake of time and for the sake of not boring anyone else, I'll quit with those. Angie is just one of a kind. She has a quirky sense of humor and can always make me laugh (unless she's giving me the silent treatment). She is one of the best friends anyone could ask for, she's doing a great job as a new mom, she sings like and angel, she is super duper creative and she can burp like none other:)

I love you Angie! Now quit complaining that I never talk about you.

7 comments:

Man said...

That was sweet. I would say not just for Angie.

Erin said...

Hey guess what I heard. Josh and Julie are coming on the Jan. trip too! I'm so excited! Thats the trip your coming on right? And possibly your bff Jonathan. Lisa shooting for March I want to make sure I have all my facts right. Off for another day of NOTHING.... I am about ready to start climbing the walls... so instead I am planning next years work teams:)

Erin said...

Shoot! I didn't think of it that way. I was going for look at all this down time I have come and visit me...and help me eat all this food so I don't gain 20lbs:)

Angie said...

Wow. I am speechless. Which is a rare occasion...
I am just so honored to be the subject of a WHOLE POST! I just don't even know what to say! I just fell asleep on the couch until 2 a.m. and I think I had a dream about you. It was special.

P.S. Sorry 'bout those silent treatments...

Erin said...

nicely done!

Erin said...

So I was only your friend when Angie was giving silent treatments. *sigh* I knew I really wasn't your friend all the time. Though you did say I as nicer. Herman the Mouse stories, I miss those. Loveth you.

Karen and Joe said...

what a sweet post! Love learning all the fun facts about you guys. I was introduced to herman the mouse by joyce and about peed my pants! :) and I have to say that is true love to entertain someone while they are doing their "business!" hahaha