Sunday, July 26, 2009

Mom and Dad

My parents were here this weekend. And while I said I wanted to get a picture with them before they left, it never happened. Out of all the people I have taken pictures with, I've never really taken one with them. Recently anyway. But it was nice to have them down here. I had a list of things to get done and didn't really have anything exciting in mind to do with them so I just decided to put them to work. I got a few shelves hung, some hard to reach lightbulbs changed, a new microwave that works, revised Athens church directories made and the preschool picnic table repainted. We even made Dad try eating Mexican for the first time in his life. Pathetic, I know. But he liked it and even said he would go again!
A few months ago Kerwin, Ryan, Mike and Mark got roped into singing at a benefit. We were all together Friday night and then they got my dad to sing with them. So Saturday we went to a benefit singing to listen. You really just never know what you'll end up doing should you chose to visit me!
Yesterday we played softball and volleyball after church with boogers and brats for supper at Kerwin & Sara's. I was a little sore today from it all:( But I went to they gym anyway because I cannot tell you how badly I need to get back into the habit. It makes me so mad sometimes. When I first moved and joined the gym, I just went. No questions asked, no excuses made. I just went. Then I lost some weight and I guess I got it in my head that I was doing pretty good and could start slacking a little and so that's just what I did. So ever since last summer I've been fighting myself over the issue. I need to quit thinking about it so much and just go again like I used to. I've gained back more than I'd like to admit unfortunately. I don't even know why I'm making that much public. I need to stop before I start telling all my secrets:)
Have a great day!

3 comments:

Erin said...

I LOVE secrets... but i usually have to tell at least one confidant when I hear one:) Thanks for sharing. Have a great day. I love you. Blessings

Karen and Joe said...

Glad you had a good visit with your parents, put them to work...good for you! hahaha I hate it when I forget to take a picture with someone before they leave me too, hopefully next time you'll get one taken. :) AND let me say... I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT YOUR DAD HAS NEVER EATEN MEXICAN FOOD!!! That is CRAZY!! When I met Joe he had no idea what a quesadilla was either and I was amazed! Have Doc's add a mexican menu to his resturant, it would benefit those sheltered Roanokians! hehehe jk
P.S. I couldn't read the last paragragh in blue, fyi.

Brent said...

I don't think it is so crazy. I'm an american don'tya know.