Monday, July 06, 2009

I'm Still Here

I do still exist. I just haven't been posting. I came up to Illinois Thursday afternoon for my niece's 1st birthday. I had every intention of going back home yesterday after church but after tragedy struck Roanoke I decided to stick around until today so I could go to the visitation. It's still really hard to comprehend everything that happened. A freak accident like that really makes one think. It so easily could have been my own dad or any one of us for that matter. It's also been another wake up call- reminding us that life is fragile, we aren't promised our next breath and we must always be ready. I'll be heading to the visitation in a few minutes and then hopefully will get on the road by 4:00 or 4:30. It's going to be a late night and tomorrow's not looking very fun but I'm glad I was able to be up here. I'll post later about the good parts of the weekend.

1 comment:

Erin said...

So glad your still there if you didn't want to be there you could be here with me! just an idea... enjoy your week. I love you