Tuesday, June 23, 2009

*sigh*

That's how my day ended today. With a great big *SIGH*. We have a set of twins at the preschool who just can be absolute terrors. This afternoon was no exception. Both boys were in time out like five times in about an hour or less. I was feeling rather frazzled. It was hot, I was tired and we were all ready to go inside. So we starte putting bikes away. From where our bike shed is I can't see the parking lot, but I can see the gate that leads to the parking lot. And I looked over to see another little boy leaving the playground. Huge no-no. He get's in trouble for that a lot seeing as how he thinks it's hilarious to go stand outside on the sidewalk while looking at us with a huge cheesy grin on his face. I was not really in a mood to be patient so I yelled in a not so very nice way "Derik (last name) Get back in here right now!!!!!!!!" And no sooner had I yelled that I saw his dad's reflection in the window. Oops. Note to self- make sure a child's parent isn't standing right there before yelling at the child.

Also today we got a package from the UPS man. I had ordered some new blocks and was pretty excited to get them. Until I realized that somewhere along the line I missed the "some assembly required" memo. So there I sat, putting together 40 cardboard mega blocks in the sweltering heat while the twins beat up on each other. Honestly sometimes I find it really hard to care if they're fighting and I just let them go at it. It just gets really old trying to referee after awhile. So I let them duke it out. I usually end up intervening before long though because duking it out would probably end in one or both of them getting an early start to their tooth fairy money collection.

But the day did end on a good note though. There's some classes at the gym that I like but they start at 5:30 which is when we close. So I can only go if all the kids leave a little early. They left just early enough today for me to make it to class so that made me happy.

Now it's after 11:00 and I really need to be going to bed but sometimes the whole process is just a little daunting. I mean, I have to brush my teeth...... floss...... take my contacts out........ wash my face...... put my pajama's on....... it's just a little overwhelming. Does anybody else have this problem? Missing out on precious sleep because it just seems like too much work to get ready for bed?

*sigh*

5 comments:

Angie said...

Abel would love to go swimming! And by the way, your not wanting to go to bed because of going to bed makes me laugh...

Erin said...

I know how you feel. But usually it's getting up. I just lay in bed because I love my bed and the though of getting ready for work makes me *sigh*. So I just stay in bed and then I'm late and rushing around. You'd think I'd learn after awhile.

Erin said...

sounds like you need a vaca. come on down I have a break after next week we can be beach bums together.:)

Raquel said...

sara i totally feel your pain about going to bed! IT IS A JOB! lol but i always tell myself that the reward is amazing: s.l.e.e.p.

Karen and Joe said...

OH that was a great post! One of those times where I can soooo relate, but then again it makes me feel like....wow I don't have it that bad! :) twins are tough, but sounds like boys twins are tougher than my little girly girls! But they have learned to throw a punch, pull hair, and oh ya bite my fav! ei ee yi! Good thing God makes them soo darn cute...so we don't kill them! hahah jk! :) good luck with your super twins. I sounds like a hoot!