Monday, June 15, 2009

Paying It Forward

My cousin's wife Karen did something like this on her blog and now I am doing it on mine. Here's the deal. Leave a comment and I will draw three names out at the end of the week. Those three people will get a little suprise in the mail in the next few months. It won't be anything huge, just a little something that hopefully makes you smile and brightens your day. Or at least your mailbox. You won't know for sure when it's coming, it will just one day appear at your house. Even if you live in another country like, say, Jamaica, you can still comment. Now, I'm thinking that unless people start coming out of the woodwork, the few people that do actually comment on this thing have a pretty good chance:) Here's the catch though- if your name is drawn, you have to pay it forward somehow on your blog. If you don't have a blog, just find another little way to pay it forward. Sound good? You can leave comments up until Friday, June 19 at noon, central time.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well might I be the first to comment. Maybe if know one else does I'll get the prize. Mom's gal of sweetend tea is gone thank goodness. I don't think it holds a candle to Milo's Famous Swaet Tey. I'll watch my mail box :) You aughta feel special, that's the first time I ever made a sideways smiley face. love dad

Wendy said...

Hi Sarah! I am a blog stalker. Actually, I don't read yours all the time just every so often I pop over and see what's up in Bama.

sarah.flyingkites said...

How fun!! Count me in!

Erin said...

oooh....i want something in the mail from Sarah. Pick me Pick me Pick me!!!!

You need to e-mail me back. I was sad when I got to work and I didn't get an e-mail from you. :(

Erin said...

Hey I live in Jamaica so I guess I can leave a comment... O wait I do all the time. So if Matthew's dunk is in the next 3 weeks I will not be able to make it (or anytime afterwards unless its Christmas time and I am acutally in the states). The boat idea was a good one and I will have to keep that in mind. Same goes for you you have a place to stay here and if you don't have money just hop in your boat and start paddleing. Have a great week. I love you

Karen and Joe said...

RIght on sarah! It's so fun isn't it! I don't know when I'll get it out to you, but I will, I promise!! :) Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah, I am writing back, but do not put my name in the hat. I would rather others get the prize. My prize is having you gifted to us for a daughter. God is so good.

I love you.
God bless you.
Mom

Angie said...

I just want to leave a comment...don't pick me because I will forget to do this myself. My time is a little consumed right now, if you know what I mean! :) I thoroughly enjoyed your dad's comment. It made me smile. Whelp...I best go tend to my child... :)

Laura L. said...

I'll admit to being a blog stalker. Hope all is well with you.
Laura

erin said...

so if I comment twice do I get in twice? hee hee....

oh will you announce the winners so I know if I won or not...I don't want to be waiting by my mailbox everyday for the next year and be completely disappointed.

sarah said...

yes, i will be annoucing the winners.

Anonymous said...

don't be greedy erma

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea!!! Put my name in.
Have you seen the movie Pay It Forward? It's about passing along good deeds. I hated the ending and it pretty much ruined the movie for me, but this reminded me of it. Ok, that's all.

K A M M Y said...

Hi, Sarah.