Sunday, June 14, 2009

It's A Small World After All.....

Today I was at Quizno's for lunch (they know my well there) and Mike, the quizno's guy was asking me if I was going on any more trips to Illinois soon. So I was telling him I have a couple more coming up in the next few weeks and saying that I'm putting a lot of miles on my car. Then they guy in line behind me piped up and said how it was only 500 and some miles to Champaign! I was like "Whoa! Who are you and where are you from anyway?" Turns out he was from Minnesota but lived in Rantoul for awhile and knew whereabouts I came from. Yes, it is a small world.
This weekend has kind of been a drag actually. Thursday and Friday I took the early shift and opened which meant I got done with work at 2:00. No complaints there! So yesterday afternoon I decided to go to Huntsville to do a little shopping. Usually I prefer shopping by myself- I get more accomplished that way. And I don't mind eating alone either. I just take a book along or sometimes just sit and people watch. But yesterday I was wishing I had a friend with me. I guess I was missing my family or something. But it turned out okay. They had a guy there playing his guitar and singing easy listening/soft rock/good background music type stuff so I sat and listened to him and read my book for awhile. I had been on the brink of throwing myself a pretty wild pity party and relaxing with the music and the book kind of helped snap me out of it. I hate the feeling I have when I'm at a pity party. It's just not a whole lot of fun.
Today I really didn't do much of anything. Usually I keep pretty busy on Saturdays running errands and stuff. Today I spent most of my time in my room finishing the book I started yesterday and messing around on the computer. I did run a couple errands, ate at Quizno's and cleaned my bathroom though. So the day wasn't a complete loss. Then tonight went to a Thai restaurant. First time I've been there and it was really good.
So yeah, the weekend was a drag but that's okay because after next weekend I'll be go go go go go go until like the middle of August.
And that's all I have to say about that.

No comments: