Tuesday, June 09, 2009

A Momentous Occasion

Momentous- is that a word? I kind of think it is, but even if it's not, I'm using it anyway. I, or rather my car, had a momentous occasion this weekend on the way home from the wedding. Somewhere just north of Nashville........

My car is a '99 and is just now hitting the 100,000 mark. I got it about three years ago, right before I moved to Alabama. Much to my dismay, my little green cavelier was dying of old age and was in no shape to start driving 16 hours on any given weekend. The people I bought my Alero from took really good care of it and mostly just used it to drive around town. They lived and worked in Bloomington. When I got it, it had I think around 48,000 on it. So yes, I tend to travel a little more than they did. But ever since I bought it I don't know if I've heard any good about Olds Alero's. And I'm finding those negative comments to be true. It's going downhill at a very rapid rate. It was great until about 75-80,000. Then I started noticing little things going wrong. And I'm trying to save for a new car but the money doesn't seem to be piling up as rapidly as the car is going down. So I'll just keep driving it, all the while hoping and praying it doesn't leave me stranded somewhere along I57. I do like my car though, it's been good to me considering all the wear and tear I've put it through. This post reminds me though- I need to get my brakes fixed.....

2 comments:

Tami said...

sarah...i saw you this weekend at the wedding and never said hi to you! i wanted to make sure i got to you 'cause i'd hate for you to think your dream was true...but it seemed like when i was looking for you, i couldn't fine you. :( anyway, i saw you, i didn't get to talk to you, i was sad about that. hope you had a good weekend!

Karen and Joe said...

Right on! We love driving our cars as long as possible and we have seen those numbers too! That is a "monumentous" occassion! haha