Monday, June 08, 2009

Shane and Jules

I headed back up to Illinois this weekend for Shane and Julia's wedding. Since we've been so low on kids I decided to take Friday off and get a head start. I left Friday morning and took Amber Edelman up with me. Dropped her off at her aunt and uncle's house and headed to Roanoke. I had called my dear friend Katrina to see if she wanted to do something that night and she said they had VBS in Gridley and then were having girls to their house afterwards. So that's what my Friday night entailed of. Saturday I got up and mowed and then went to see my aunt Boni. While I was there I got a suprise phone call from Mandy saying they came home for the weekend and wondered if I wanted to eat lunch. After lunch I went to one of my dad's new hog barns to help them finish planting trees. I think they planted like, 700 or something like that between the two barns. I only got in on the last little bit thank goodness. Saturday night after supper we tried out the new ice cream place in Roanoke. The Scoop. It was quite delicious. I'll be going back there if I have any control over it. Sunday was a good day. I haven't been in Peoria in a long time so it was nice to visit there again. And it's always great to see long lost friends. I did the guestbook with Beks before heading home. I didn't leave until about 4:20. Ususally on Sundays I like to book out of church and get on the road as soon as I can. I decided to take a chance and speed a little more than normal because getting home at 1:30 didn't sound very fun when I had to work the next day. The speeding paid off. But on the way home I started feeling kind of sick and by the time I got to Nashville I had one of those "sounds like a barking dog" sort of coughs. I'm feeling a little better today though. My only complaint? I was going to go swimming with Erin and Angie but we didn't go cause it was just a little too cold. Bummer. I have a few pictures but my camera is still in my car and I'm just really tired right now and feeling too lazy to go get it.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

*Sigh*

Sarah Jo...I miss you already. :(

erin said...

I want to see pics....

I miss Sarah too...

I miss Kristi too...

:(

This is a bummer comment...