Thursday, April 03, 2008

Apparently misinformed

I went to the dentist today for a cleaning. Excited because I got off work about 3:30 and was going to have a nice afternoon, being able to get home plently early. I sat down in the chair and the girl said she was going to put something on my gums to start the numbing. I was like "What?!?!?!" I thought for sure I was just getting a cleaning when in all actual reality I had to have two cavities filled. So now I am in the process of de-numbing. Not the great afternoon I had hoped for. But at least I like my dentist. He's really nice. I like him a lot better than they guy I had in Illinois. I knew I had the cavities and I was a little confused as to why he wanted me to get the cleaning before getting the cavities filled. But they really weren't bothering me so I didn't care too much. And it sure cost a lot more than the cleaning would have. Oh well, what can ya do, huh? The only thing is that one of them was huge and he's a little worried that my nerve is going to die and I'll have to have a root canal. So I'll be praying that it doesn't die. Because I really don't want to pay for a root canal. And that's my life tonight.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll pray that you don't have to get a root canal either...I hear they can be nasty.

Well, that's quite a surprise...think you're getting a cleaning and PSYCH! you're getting two cavities filled...bummer.

I haven't been to the dentist in over a year...how do ya like them apples?

Anonymous said...

I hate the de-numbing process. You feel like your cheek and lip are like 5 times their normal size and you talk with a lisp.

I felt your pain as I read your post. Cavaties stink....

Chris said...

I know I am not supposed to hate on anything but I HATE THE DENTIST!!!!

HATEHATEHATEHATEHATE!

i r a hater of dentistsessses

if dentist is singular, is denti plural?

Anonymous said...

I wish I would've called you while you were de-numbing. It could've been fun... :)

Who was your dentist in Illinois? I had Cerecolli till he retired (mumble mumble) and now I go to Meier, the guy that replaced him. I like him a lot.

Now that you know my dental history, I will go.

I miss you...and when are you coming home again?

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
Just wanted to let you know I am going to school to be a dental hygentist. If you want you can come over to my house and I will practice on you, free of charge. I have some herbal remedies that will numb the pain. Call me

Anonymous said...

But you can call me turbo....