Wednesday, December 27, 2006

He's here!

Jean Shilove Pierre, that is. For those of you who have never heard of him, he's one of the haitian kids my family kept through the Hatian Hearts program. We had him about five years ago and have seen him a couple times since then but it's always been just a little bit down in Haiti. But now he's up here until the 4th! Dad went to Miami to get him on Christmas day and they came back last night. He actually is up here because of medical reasons mostly. His heart is still doing fine but he has cataracts now. He's completely blind in one eye I think and has impaired vision in the other. So mom and dad are taking him to the doctor today to see if anything can be done. Hopefully he will be able to get surgery to fix it. If not now then hopefully over his summer break from school or something. I was just really excited because he's up here the two weeks that I have off. That wasn't planned or nothing. I guess God just worked it out that way for me. He hasn't warmed up quite as much as I hoped he would yet, but we're getting there. Other than that I've had plenty to do. Yesterday me and mom went to lunch with Lisa Gerber and then went shopping. Today I went to lunch with Dustin and Caleb. I'm going to go visit Jacob's Ladder when the kids are up for nap. Tomorrow I have a date with my Queenwood family. I haven't seen Nate and Jamie yet because they've been in Michigan this whole time. Today is Jamie's birthday. They should be coming home tomorrow or Friday. So we still haven't had our family Christmas yet which means I still don't have my new camera or else I would have posted some pictures by now. But until then I will continue using my dinosaur of a camera. Okay we're going to go into town now. I hope you all are having a lovely day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So am I just not special enough to get visited from you.... i'll will e-mail you the website to look at our wedding pictures as soon as i can. love ya!

megs said...

i saw you yesterday. you made my month walking in that door!! :D i love you!!

Angie said...

hewwo. i hope you are having fun at home. :)