Saturday, December 02, 2006

Christmas Partay

Tonight is our church Christmas dinner. I'm taking cheesy carrots. You can't take anything healthy to a potluck down here or else it just won't get eaten. We're also having a grab. So I went to Target last night looking for my grab gift. It was kind of difficult because the ladies involved have a very wide age range. I mean, there's me and Melissa who are single, mid twenties, then there's Sarah and Pam who are married with kids in school and who are not redneck, then there's everyone else, (who for the most part are all very redneck) all the way up to Granny Barnes who is an 80 something year old widow. I mean, I love them all, but it wasn't the easiest for me to find something that could suit all those categories. But I think I did okay. I ended up getting a serving bowl and put popcorn, hot chocolate and a few random Lindt Lindor chocolate balls in it. Now, I haven't wrapped it yet, and I'm on my way to Wal-Mart so it is subject to change. But I'm excited for tonight. It's funny to be with everyone.
New topic. We're doing a Christmas play with the preschool. We started practicing Monday and thought there's no way it would ever work, but by yesterday we were already seeing huge improvements. So of course it's not going to be perfect. I mean, they're 2, 3 and 4 year olds. What can we expect? But it will be cute, that's for sure. So far at practice I've had to crawl around on the floor with the sheep in order for them to get the point to crawl around. (The sheep are all two) I sure hope they do it on their own come the night of the play. I'll feel pretty stupid crawling around in front of everyone.
I also was working on my Christmas cards today. (Raise your hand if you want one.) I just love Christmas time.
Okay I'm going to Wal-Mart now.

6 comments:

Luke said...

I want one!!

632 N. 3rd Ave.
Morton, IL 61550

Maryann said...

Hand raised and waving high in the air.

Take a picture of your kiddos and send it along. :-)

Angie said...

Um duh. You better anyway cuz I'm fam. Anyways, call me for my address. I don't want to put it on here for the world to see :)

andrew k said...

Hey Sarah!
I heard a rumor about you going to Mexico over the first of the year, with Carlos' group. Just wondering if my source was legit.

Anonymous said...

I'm dittoing angie's comment. i should already be on the list without having to raise my hand. Raising hand is for preschoolers anyways....wish you were here to play in the snow. It's beautiful! Love ya!

megs said...

please send one my way love!!

145 E queenwood rd.
morton, il 61550