Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Mmmmm.... Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving of course was great cause I got to go home for the weekend. I left Wednesday right after work and hit rush hour/holiday traffic in Nashville. I just love rush hour/holiday traffic. Actually the traffic really didn't thin out too much until I got into Illinois. I guess most people got to where they were going for the weekend. Spent the night in Morton and went to Goodfield on Thursday to hear Meika get announced. Oh- and Jake too. Congratulations! Had a Thanksgiving with chili cheese dip and chips and grapes at Mom and Dad's with Nate and Jamie. We didn't want to eat too much because we had Aeschleman's later that afternoon. That was fun. Friday morning I didn't wake up once until 11:15. I felt a little lazy but I think it was worth it. Friday afternoon I got the sister-in-law of the year award (anyways that's what Jamie said) because I raked Nate and Jamie's yard for them. When I started Nate said he'd be out in a minute to help me. I did the back yard, the side yard (where I stepped in the some nasty, very fresh cat poop) and was half done with the front yard when he finally came out. But that's okay. I really didn't mind cause they had a lot to do cause all the Knochel's were coming down from Michigan. So then that's what I did Friday night was go back into their house to be with her family. Saturday I fulfilled my Panera craving and was accompanied by Mandy, Erin and Patty. Good times. I've really been wanting Panera lately but all we have down here is Atlanta Bread Company. Which is a close second but just doesn't quite do the trick. On Friday I also finally closed my bank account with Roanoke Benson Community Bank. Very sad. Saturday night was Hodel's then I went to Ed and Boni's to see Kristi after she got off work. Went to Roanoke in for morning church then Eureka in the afternoon for Sarah Stoller's wedding. Then I left for AL right after the reception. Traffic was pretty thick again but not quite as bad as the way up. Okay I have six minutes left on this thing. I hate it that they give you a time limit. Oh well. I'm going to go eat supper now. I'm thinking tuna. I'm sure you all wish you could be here to smell my tuna breath. Maybe some cauliflower too. That'd make it even better. Okay have a good one.

5 comments:

megs said...

hi sarah!! i was super glad i got to spend all of amber and joel's reception w/ you by my side. but, i hate that i had to go all the way to arizona to see you!! i don't know WHERE i was when you were in morton, but i'm sad i missed you!! glad you had a happy thanksgiving even though you didn't see ME! ;)

still missing you!
megs

Anonymous said...

well panera was quite a fulling experience as well as shopping afterwards. Though you were getting impatient with me towards the end, i still love you. And those pants it took me sooo long to pick out Caleb ended up not likeing them and I have to take them back. :( Oh well...that's life! I love you!

JakeGman said...

Thanks for remembering to mention Me!! I know that I can easily be forgotten :) Oh well, it is really all about Meika anyways!! Thanks for coming to Goodfield on Thursday...It was nice to see you, and having you there. God Bless.

jg <><

Anonymous said...

Sarah Jo...whaddya know? It's going to snow, but I enjoy a good show. I'll tie you a bow and then hoe a row. Look out below! I think I saw a doe. I know no foe. My name isn't Joe. I don't need to mow, and I dislike Edgar Allen Poe. Well, it's been swell, but I've got to go.

Nice to read up on you again. God bless!

PS guess who!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah. You would not believe the amount of snow that has been dumped on Central Illinois since last night. I wish I was in Alabama with you! Anyway, yes, it was a joyous holiday and I'm so glad you came over to watch a movie with my parents and see me after work. It made my day. (Sorry I wasn't more lively). I hope you have a lovely weekend and I look forward to seeing you at Christmas.

Lots of love and hugs