Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Well, I'm here

Things are going good so far. It's kind of wierd trying to get used to a new job since I had been at my last one for almost six years. Which I know isn't a lot in the whole scheme of things but it seemed like a long time. Anyways, the drive down went pretty fast. Once I got through Nashville it seemed to slow down a little bit because I knew I was getting a lot closer but for the most part it was a good trip down. Oh wait- except for that cop who gave me a ticket.... I'm not unpacked all the way yet. There's not a whole lot of storage space and what is here is already pretty much full. So I'm to the point where I just sit and stare at the rest of my stuff cause I'm not sure what to do with it. Monday night we went to someone's house for supper. For future reference I'll give a brief overview of who I'll be spending most of my time with so I don't have to explain who they are each time I mention them. Melissa Slagel is my roommate. She just turned 25 and has been here for about 2 1/2 years. So far we get along real good but we've only been together two days. But she's very nice. Her sister and brother in law (Kerwin and Sarah Edleman) and their kids (Jessica, Amber and Emily) live in Tennessee and take care of the Fellowship Center. All the Slagels/Edlemans were from Fairbury before they came down here. Mark Klauss is I think 30 something and has been here for maybe 10 or 11 years. He has already given me a nickname because he says there's too many Sarah's around. The first time he got confused as to which Sarah Melissa was talking about he was eating chips. So for now, I am Chip. I'm not sure how I feel about it so we'll see how long it lasts. Mike Moore is the minister down here. Him and his wife Pam have two boys, Matthew and Luke who are both in high school. Louise Hall and Doris Moore are the other two teachers and live here permantly. Tonight is we have a singing instead of church. They always have a singing the first Wednesday of the month. But so far everything is fine. I haven't cried since I've been here which is hopefully a good sign. Well my break is almost over so I'm going to go.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you're still alive and well. you are missed tho.

Luke said...

dumb tickets

Anonymous said...

Dear Sarah,

Maybe you haven't cried, but I have. We miss you and love you, but know you are following God, and He will take care of you and the rest of us. Did I mention we love you and miss you? Well, we do. Hope all continues to go well. Looking very forward to seeing you soon. We love you and we miss you. God bless you bunches!!

Dad and Mom

Anonymous said...

PS - You may give up the name Chip, but remember to stay "chipper". That's a Grandpa Aeschleman word if you recall.

We love you and miss you. :) God bless you even more!!

Dad and Mom again

Maryann said...

Sarai Jo,

Glad to hear you are there...praying for you. Believe me, I totally know what the experience is like. For me the crying would come at the strangest of times and the weirdest of circumstances...it still does. That's the definition of lonely in my book now.

Hymns of Zion #87 and #127 are two good ones to sing to yourself.

Love you!

Heidi said...

Chip....it's kinda cute!

We miss seeing your smiling face in Washington!

Anonymous said...

Sra Jo,

Yup this post made me miss you even more. It's a good thing I've been staying busy with wedding plans. I'm glad to hear things are going good. I hope to see you soon. I just wish I could see you now. I love you and I will continue to pray for you!

Angie said...

I'm all alone...there's no one here...
Well.
Besides Robes.
We miss you. I've been meaning to call you, but I want you to have time to get settled, too. Hopefully within the next week. Tried on the bridesmaid dress (completely done) today. I was told I'm "hippy". Thanks a lot. :(
I still miss you and I thought releiving myself through a comment would work. Shoot.
Have you read your family letters yet? Let me know when you read mine, I spent good quality time on MCB payroll writing that!
I looooove you and call me anytime you need to hear my amazingly Sarah-like voice.

P.S. Why don't you just tell him to call you Sarajo? That's one that's familiar...

Anonymous said...

Sarajo.....
ahhhhh so good to see you today.

but there you go again. now i have to deal w/ this sorrow all over again.