Sunday, May 21, 2006

Kidney Stones and Engagements

Good weekend. Long but good. Friday night was Mandy's Sensaria party. We got pampered with facials and hand massages and all kinds of good stuff. Saturday morning I woke up to the sound of my dad passing a kidney stone. I was nearly in tears because it sounded so horrible and there was nothing I could do about it. Then I cleaned my parents house and did their laundry pretty much all day long. We had to get ready for the people from Haiti coming and Mom had to do homework so I got to get the house ready. I've never been so happy to go to a graduation party in my life. (That's what I did Saturday night.) It really wasn't that bad but I'm used to splitting up cleaning jobs between five people and so the day just got a little long. Then Frantz and Doris and their two kids Daniel and Manuel got to our place about 10:30. It's good to have them here. Today my brother Nate got announced to Jamie Knochel from Bay City. I'm really excited for them. And I'm finally getting a sister so that makes me happy. This afternoon was RBHS graduation and we had a couple more parties to go to. I'm just really worn out now but in a good way. Tomorrow night Frantz is doing a presentation on SEED ministries at the Roanoke Fellowship Hall in case anyone is interested. Tuesday night is our Spring Program at work. Wednesday church, Thursday the Bible Class is doing a presentation on their trip to Magdalena, Friday Bible Study...... so the week should go fast cause it's busy. That's a good thing. Because the faster the week goes, the sooner my three day weekend with a paid holiday is here. Yay! So have a good week, I'll see some of you around.

5 comments:

Maryann said...

Yeah--now you have a Bay City connection! If you don't know Jamie, you are going to love her. She's a lot of fun and likes to laugh...just like her to-be-sister-in-law! :-) I'm in Michigan from May 30 - July 30, hopefully you can make it up to meet Jamie and all the Knochels...and see ME!

Anonymous said...

Sarah....i knew everything in your post already...BOORING! love ya and see ya later...

Becs said...

You will love Jamie --she is really great. She is bubbly and friendly and just the sweetest person. I have a feeling you two will hit it off great! Hopefully you can come up this summer with your brother cause you already have friends here. I am sure Mare would love to keep you at my parents house or you guys can always come stay with me at my house.

We are so exicted that your brother is marrying a Bay City sister. Every time I have met him (and the stories Maryann has told me via you) I thought he is just the nicest guy. If he wasn't taking Jamie so far away from us, we'd like him even better, but I think BC people will get over that once they meet him!

Julie said...

Congrats to Jamie and Nate! And to you for getting your sister. :) I'm from Bay City origanally too, and so I too can vouch for the fact that you're getting yourself a quality new family member. :) I just have one demand... I want a picture! :P I'd LOVE to see them together, even if it's just in my head, but I don't know Nate. :)

Anonymous said...

you are standing right behind me....write a new entry about ME!