Monday, September 05, 2005

Wow, Wow, Wow

Okay, Deep breath...... So Saturday (the 3rd) was my birthday. I was kinda bummed out because Bekah and Jenae were both going home for the weekend and Meika and Julia were both working that night. My brother was going to Oregon and even my parents had made plans. I was like, seriously people, I know it's only a birthday but you could at least pretend you wanted to celebrate it with me. So my cousin Erin was getting a group of people to go out to eat at Olive Garden and then we were going to go to a young group girls night afterwards. So I was okay with that and I was starting to get excited about hanging out with a few of my friends. Thursday night Beks made me my favorite- chocolate cupcakes with white frosting and sprinkles- because she wasn't going to be around on Saturday. I went to bed around midnight and the next thing I know Beks is waking my up telling me that she has something to show me for my birthday suprise. I was pretty out of it, but I was also pretty compliant considering the time and that I had just got woken up. I made a stop at the bathroom where the clock said 5 am and I was like "Am I going to have time to get a little more sleep before work?" She said yeah, here's you flip flops and glasses, let's go. So I followed her, the whole time being completely bewildered. We were driving down the road and I was throwing every idea out there trying to guess what was going on. By the way, the clock in her car said 4 am and I thought that was a little fishy the it was different from the bathroom and so I looked at my phone and it was 2AM! I finally guessed that we were going to Erin's but the best I could come up with was a suprise birthday breakfast, which I really wasn't too excited about. We got to Erin's where I found out that Bekah wasn't really going home for the weekend. They were suprising me with a trip to Florida! I was hoping to go down over Labor Day weekend anyways, but it just wasn't working out because people couldn't go. Beks had packed for me while I was sleeping and had all my stuff in her trunk. And she did a very good job too. Every time I thought of something, convinced she would have forgotten it, she whipped it out. So we're on the way to Sarasota, Florida- one of my very favorite places in the world- and they won't tell me a thing. I didn't know who was picking us up, where we were staying, what we were doing that night... nothing. Our good friend Jeremy was at the airport to pick us up and they informed me that I had all day to pick whatever I wanted to do. We hadn't eaten lunch so we went to Applebee's and then went and hung out at the beach for awhile. We were really close to Millie's house (who is another good friend- all us roommates stayed with her last October for a few days) and I wanted to stop by to say hi and clean up before we proceeded to our evening plans. Which I didn't know what they were yet- I had been informed that everybody was busy and I wouldn't get to see anybody until Saturday sometime. So after a little convicing we went to Millie's. It's always good to see her and to talk to her. She is a very amazing, wonderful, inspirational lady who always has something encouraging to say. Then we left to go check out some shops and while we were there Millie called to see if we wanted to go back to her place for supper. So we did and lo and behold guess who really didn't have plans? Everybody! They all showed up for a suprise party for me. We ended up staying at Millie's which was the plan all along, but they had me convinced that we were staying at a Holiday Inn. Another thing I wasn't too excited about. I thought of all the people we know and could have stayed with, WHY IN THE WORLD ARE WE STAYING AT A STINKING HOTEL?!? But anyway, there's a lot of detail I'm leaving out. So much went on- so many lies to cover up so that I would be suprised about so many different things. They fessed up and told me everything they lied about. It was pretty funny. It meant so much though. I can't say how much it meant. Between everybody here at home that made plans, bought tickets, got me off work and everything else, and everybody down there who planned everything for me, it honestly nearly brings me to tears when I think of how much they did for me. I have some awesome friends. I feel like I kinda jumped around a lot so you might be a little confused, but I went to bed last night at 3:15 and got up and 4:30 so I'm running on not much sleep. So I'm gonna go take a nap know, but I just had to tell everyone about my great weekend and my awesome friends.

4 comments:

taryn said...

Wow is right! You do have some great friends. Maybe they can train my room mates how to give fabulous birthday surprises... :-) Sounds like you all had a blast.

T

Luke said...

That's awesome!

Anonymous said...

I know you have great friends :) I just wish I was as cool as you and had my own blog. But anyways, since I don't, I have to leave as anonymous. This past weekend was the best - I totally agree. I'm just glad that you celebrated your bday in one of the greatest places on earth!!!! Thanks for the great laughs - missing it already - I am SO wanting to come to Illy now **hint hint, my bday is in December :)

Peace - jerms

Maryann said...

I ditto all the wow's. I'm so jealous! I want to have friends like yours. My b-day is in December. I'll go wherever someone takes me. :-)