Friday, September 30, 2005

SHE'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Mandy had her baby this afternoon at 3:32. She's 6 lbs. 6oz. and is 18 1/2 inches long and has a lot of black hair. Her name is Liberty Joy. It's because Mandy works with some Alzheimer's patients at a nursing home and one of the lady's names is Liberty. She was really enthralled with the baby and would feel Mandy's belly and sing to it and all that good stuff. So she told Dustin about her and he really liked the name. So that's what they went with. I think they're going to call her Libby. Tonight me, Bekah and Paul went to the hospital to see her. She was in the nursery when we got there so we didn't get to hold her right away. But we got to hold her when she was about 4 hours old. I think that's the youngest baby I've ever held. She was so cute. Seriously- some babies are ugly but she's not and I really don't think it's just because I'm biased. She's absolutely adorable. I just want to go back the the hospital and hold her for a really really long time. But I can't. Mandy's doing good too. She's tired, but she's holding up fine. Then we were going to leave and I realized that I locked my keys in my car. I guess I was just really excited to get into the hospital cause my driving was bad the whole way there. But anyways, my uncle Brad (the proud new grandpa) and Paul managed to get it open for me. After "borrowing" a couple antennaes from other people's cars and ripping a piece of rebar out of a crumbled parking block they broke in. It was kinda funny. But now I need to get some sleep. It's been ahwile since that's happened. I just had to brag up the baby for awhile.

2 comments:

taryn said...

That's so exciting!

I LOVE babies! They really are precious. Each one is a miracle.

I'm glad everything seemed to have went ok. I'll pray that everyone can get settled in.

Luke said...

Babies: I'm always scared to hold 'em 'cause I feel like I'm gonna break 'em. They're too darn small.