Monday, September 05, 2005

Open mouth, insert leg

So Friday night at my suprise party they brought out a few presents for me to open. Beks told them that just being there with them was a good enough present (which I agreed to) but they apparently wanted to get me something anyway. You know you when you get a gift you kinda feel it a little and try to guess what it is? Well the first one I knew was a candle. The second one I knew was a bag of candy, but the third one I was clueless. I opened it and the picture on the box was one of those things that is filled with water and oil, tinted blue with dolphins swimming it it. Something to represent the ocean. I asked if that's what it was, because if it was I wasn't going to open the box and get everything out. Somebody said no it's not. And I was like, Oh good. So it's not one of those presents where you're like oh- thaaanks. But you really don't like it, you just pretend you do. So I proceeded to open it up to see what was really in the box........... whoops. That's really what it was. Needless to say, I felt like I did more than put just my foot in my mouth. But we all had a good lllllooooonnnnnnggggg laugh about the whole thing.

5 comments:

Morgan said...

Oops. Open mouth, insert foot. Oh well, we've all done that a coupla times, me more than others.

Morgan said...

Huh, would you look at that? I just basically copied your title for my comment? Hmm, I may have to get a new phrase. :)

Luke said...

oo, oo, I've got a good comment for this post!!


Ready?



Open mouth, insert leg!

Luke said...

So, who the heck where you talking to last night. You did a great job of being anti-social. :)

j/k I hope you had a good convo.

Maryann said...

This story makes me miss you even more Sarai Jo. :-)