Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I hate coming up with titles

Just a little update on my life cause it's been a few days since I posted anything. Friday night was the Purdue sing. It was good, but it's getting the point where a lot of people I know have moved on and are no longer around so I didn't know near as many people as I used to. But the singing was really good. I love going to singings where even though you sing at the top of your lungs you still can't hear yourself because everybody else is doing the same thing. Got up Saturday about 11:30 after going to bed at 4:00. I didn't do much that afternoon except mess around on the computer and scrub the bathroom and kitchen floor. Fun stuff, huh? But then that night was the Jr. High Girl's Camp reunion in Gridley which was a lot of fun. A few of us counselors from Roanoke were all carpooling and had a few Roanoke campers along with us. And I just had to think "Oh to be 14 again." Looking back at how cool and smart I thought I was at that point in my life and seeing the girls in that stage now just really made me smile. I won a prize at the reunion which was a pumpkin that had been used for decorations. So nothing to exceptional but I am now proudly displaying it on our front porch for all to see. Except that it's kinda hard to see because it's pretty small. Oh well.
Yesterday at work we had all the kids down ready for nap. They were settling down and we were just getting ready to shut off the lights and put them to sleep when the fire alarm went off. One of the 3 year olds decided to pull it on her way inside from the playground. So we just used it as our monthly fire drill. Hopefully next time she gets the urge to pull it she will chose a more convenient time. Then today at work I was cutting out a picture for my fall classroom decorations (not paying as much attention to the kids as I should have been) and a girl walked up to me with her bloomers in one hand and her diaper in the other. Whoops. But thank goodness I caught her before she did anything on the carpet. Things could have been bad. But they weren't. Just funny.
Now I'm going to try to make a chicken pot pie for supper. I don't even really like chicken pot pie that much. But last week it sounded really good so I got all the stuff for it. Now it doesn't sound that great anymore but I already have everything so I guess I'll go ahead and make it anyways.

3 comments:

Luke said...

Loved the story of the kid coming up with her diaper in her hand. How cute...well...cute since she didn't soil your floor.

sarah said...

Hey Amy welcome back to America. I kinda miss you.

Anonymous said...

OK...
Not a good idea to tell a story about a kid holding poop...(because we all know that you had to end up taking care of it) and then switching immediately to making chicken pot pie...seriously. I'm thinking poop and then I'm thinking food? Not a good combination...
By the way thanks for the laughs today :)
-Ang