Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Cow Says.....

There were a few funny things that happened today at work. It was one of those days where it's only 7:15 in the morning and they're already bouncing off the walls. First, you know those toys that we all loved when we were little? Okay maybe I still love them. Anyway, the one with all the animals and the lever thingy on the side? And you pull the lever and it tells you what sound the animal makes that it's pointing to? That was always one of my favorites. Well today I was helping one of my kiddos pull the handle and I decided that the toy has seen it's better days. Because the cow said quack. Then we were out on the playground and one of the little girls had a handful of dirt that she was trying to brush off. She wasn't having much luck so she stopped, looked at her hand for awhile, then just gave it a big lick. Then after lunch we were in the gym. One of the boys was running as hard as he could and ran right smack dab into the wall. He hit his forhead and bounced back a good two or three feet. I had to stop laughing before I went over to help him. Seriously- he was looking right at the wall but just kept going. You really have to learn to find humor in these types of things. Otherwise I would never make it through the day.

7 comments:

Luke said...

Those are great! I love the mental picture of the kid running into the wall. You should start taking a video camera to work!

megs said...

i seriously DIED laughing when i heard about the kid running into the wall!! (the girl licking her hand too!) i agree w/ luke.. you need to start taking a video camera to work!

natz said...

Haha. Yay. You brightened my day, Sarah. I love it when kids act like idiots and can get away with it.

Morgan said...

Say what you want about little leaking strange fluids and the like, but at least your job has its phycho-funny side! Glad to hear your day was bright. :)

Anonymous said...

Sarah, haven't you ran right into a wall before? :) Sounds like something you would do! Well I tell you what I have no idea what to say because I already knew all the stories before I read the blog. How boring is that? I guess that is what you get for spending the whole weekend with you :) Well I guess I will talk to you later. hopefully I will see you tomorrow night at VB! Love ya! Ern

Mark Miller said...

What'd you do to the poor kid that he thought it would be better to knock out himself than endure another moment????;)

Luke said...

The Cow Says...

Sarah needs to write another post regardless of how "busy" she is practicing for her singing gig on Saturday.