Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Jamaican Vacation

Oh boy.  I typically have some idea of what I'm going to say each time I write a blog post.  I really don't this time.  Guess we'll just start and see where it goes!

After I got home from VBS in Alabama, I quickly unpacked, did laundry, and repacked for Jamaica.  I was SO excited to be going!  After being there 10 years in a row, different circumstances caused me to take a 3 1/2 year sabbatical.  Once we made plans to go, I remembered how much I love Jamaica and how much I have MISSED it!  My travelling buddy, Lisa, rolled into my driveway at 1:45 in the morning and off we went to the airport!  Aside from very tired, looking eyes, we were actually quite chipper at this point.


We spent the first 2 1/2 days at Erin D's house, which is on the CCCD campus of Knockpatrick.  All the students were gone for the summer so it was pretty quiet.  Erin went about her daily duties while Lisa and I just read books, watched movies, slept in..... we had it rough, you know.  We did walk around the campus farm and explored it for ourselves, and a couple times we went with Erin.  We spent some time at the New Hope Children's Home and the local infirmary.  Oh, and we also played bananagrams:)






After that time of R&R, we made our way to Montego Bay for the last 2 1/2 days of the trip, and some more R&R.  Erin found a great deal at an all inclusive resort.  I had never done all inclusive before but I really liked it!  The ocean was right outside our door.  Really- like between our patio and the ocean there was a sidewalk and that was about it!  It. Was. Gorgeous.  We pretty much did the same stuff in MoBay as we did at Erin's house, i.e. reading and sleeping, only we did it on the beach instead.  And eating.  Lots of eating delicious food.





That last picture is the only picture of all three of us that I got.  How sad:(  Oh, and speaking of eating, I had a To Do list that I wanted to get accomplished while in Jamaica.  Over half of the list consisted of food.  Juici Patty, Devon House I Scream, and jerk chicken with rice and peas and a festival (fried bread)  All was accomplished and my belly and my taste buds had joyous celebrations.




After doing Alabama and Jamaica back to back like that, I was ready to come home.  But now- two days later- I am more than ready to head back!  Already dreaming of my next vacation...

No comments: