Saturday, July 06, 2013

Fun Flashback

While I was cleaning out my awesome Olds Alero, I came across this picture stuffed in one of the seat pockets.  And I laughed:)  It took me back to August of 2006 at my brother and SIL's wedding in Michigan.  They had two cars that would need to get back to IL somehow since they would be living there.  Hers was the one they took to the airport and left parked there.  His was the getaway car at the reception that would need to be taken back to IL by someone else.  Which meant his was also the decorated car that would need to be driven by someone else.  Enter my cousin Alex.  He was much more proficient at driving stick shift than me, and I was more proficient at navigating unfamiliar roads than him.  We made a great team, me and Al.  The only problem was.... we didn't know where a car wash was!  So we drove the "Just Married" car all the way back to IL together.  People honked, people waved, people gave us goofy grins.... we just honked and waved and gave goofy grins right back!  All the while Alex would randomly start making up a song about being married to his first cousin.  It was rather humorous and it was just what I needed during that 7 hour drive after a long and emotional weekend.  Oh the memories!
 

No comments: