Thursday, July 11, 2013

Summer Happenins

Along with all the summer vacation stuff (girls camp, weekend trips, etc.) comes all the daily grind in between.  I never thought I would be so busy this summer!  But I am, and I like it.
 
Math Class.  Ugh.  The tutors in the math lab know me well by now.  While I do okay on the daily homework, there's no tests, except for one giant final that is worth 1/3 of my grade.  I started doing chapter reviews to study for it the other day basically to see how much I remember from three chapters ago..  I also had a minor meltdown.  I'm a little fearful of what kind of a grade I'm gonna get.  I mean, I'm just hoping to keep it above a D at this point.  Good thing it's open book!!  Oh, and the dedication at the front of the textbook seemed more appropriate for a girly chic lit book rather than a math book! 

 
Babysitting.  Two different families, four different kids.  Brought both groups of kiddos out to see the turkeys.  I'm used to younger kids, but having a couple older ones is kind of fun for a change of pace.

 
I didn't get a picture of baby sister.  She stayed in the house with my mom.

 
Fun with friends.  Spent the 4th on a friend's lake- mostly just relaxing but also got some tubing in before we all headed to fireworks.  We went to the Peoria riverfront and I think we were unanimous in our thoughts that it was the best show we've ever seen.  Fun Day!

 
Another baby to love!  My (double first-more like a sister) cousin had baby number three last week.  I was privileged to be his first visitor.  He's stinkin cute!

 
Sunday School picnic.  We wrapped up class at the end of June and have a break now until Labor Day weekend.  I was in charge of games for some of the younger kids and it was pretty chaotic but really fun.  In the picture they're all screaming "m&m's".  I told them they could have some AFTER they took a group pic so that's what they yelled on the count of three instead of cheese:)  I love 'em!
 
 

1 comment:

sarah.flyingkites said...

That picture with the turkeys is so cool!

Looks like a fun summer!!