Monday, July 15, 2013

Wanted By Christ

Well the Athens/Atlanta VBS was once again a smashing success.  I'm so thankful for the ties I have down there and grateful that they let me still come even though I haven't lived there for almost three years now:)  This past weekend I headed down again, this time with some extra travelers.  We had a lot of fun in our car!
 
 
There was another carload along too, and we did switch everyone around throughout the weekend.  It was a great group to travel with!
 
 
This year's theme was "Wanted By Christ" and we focused a lot on the life of Moses.  How God had a specific job for him, and also how it was when he was in the desert that he heard God's message for him.  Also how it is important for us to go to that desert sometimes to hear what God has to say to us.  I only heard a small part of the message because I was teaching the younger class again.  I would have liked to hear more, but it's okay, because I got to spend my morning with some seriously cute and awesome kids!




 
In our class, we focused on the burning bush part of Moses' life.  The painting craft just didn't turn out quite like it did in my mind!  Really- those are burning bushes;)

 
Besides the messages, there was also all the activities that we love to do.  Swimming (didn't get any pictures from the awesome lake this year), mini golf, playing games, staying up really late...



 
This here is my buddy Wynn.  He had just won the jackpot in the card game he was playing and was a little giddy:)  I told him this weekend that we have sort of a strange friendship.  It's true- he's a 10 year old boy and I'm a 30 year old girl.  We only see each other about once a year but we really are buds and enjoy each other's company!

 
The whole crew.  A great crew!  There really is something special about being a part of a small church and developing those relationships.  I love that I have that in my life!

 
On the way down, a couple people continually noticed all the Cracker Barrel restaurants (there is an abundance) and made not so subtle comments that they wouldn't mind eating there.  So on the way home we did!  And we also very unsuccessfully tried to figure out the triangle/peg game.
 
 
Today consisted of catching up on sleep, unpacking, laundry, and starting to get ready for the next adventure: Jamaica!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

SOOOOOOOOOOO jealous!!!! :) Still can't be as fun as playing cards with those boys when we were laughing like crazy at VBS!!!!!
<3 Cassie