Friday, August 06, 2010

A Pull Tractor, Kentucky, A New Baby and A Roommate

The last week has been pretty busy.  While the Rockville group was still here we had a couple volunteers come down for the next week.  The day they left we had another friend come visit the preschool and stay for the weekend.  While she was here we went to a tractor pull.  Or a pull tractor as one of my kids called it.  Whatever you call it, it was pretty boring.  And really loud.  Like plug your ears unless you want to go deaf loud.  We were there for about four hours and only about 10 minutes of those four hours were close to exciting.  But, it was an experience I guess.


I left Sunday right after church to go up to Kentucky Lake for a couple days.  For several years, all the Hodel's went but as families grew it died out all too quickly.  My aunt and uncle still go faithfully though and I was able to crash in their cabin.  I got to see Kristi for the first time since I visited Magdalena last September.  I didn't realize how much I missed her until I had a little time with her.  Two gold stars to the first member of the Hodel family to tell me where this picture was taken:)


Tuesday night I drove home, stopping for gas in Athens before I went the last mile to my apartment.  Tuesday unfortunately ended in a late night rescue by Cassie.  Good thing she was around!!


Wednesday was the first day since the middle of July that was normal in a sense that we didn't have anyone around to entertain and keep company.  It was bliss.  Thursday we got the long awaited phone call that Mark and Bekah had their baby.  We had been planning to swing by their house after work and take a present to Bekah cause it was her birthday.  Instead we took two birthday presents to the hospital- one for her and one for sweet little Natalie Rebekah:)


After seeing them, me and Cassie had one last roomie party.  She'll be gone all this week and won't get back until late next Saturday.  Sunday is my going away party so last night was really our last night of living together and hanging out in the evening.  Our roommate party was complete with pizza, a movie, chinese checkers and mancala.  One this is certain, I will miss living with Miss Cassie Bertsch.

4 comments:

Erin said...

handing out 2 gold stars... WOW! Impressive. I hope your weekend is AMAZING! Love and Blessings from Goodfield:)

Angie said...

PATTI'S!!!!! PATTI'S PATTI'S PATTI'S PATTI'S PATTI'S PATTI'S PATTI'S PATTI'S PATTI'S PATTI'S PATTI'S PATTI'S PATTI'S PATTI'S PATTI'S PATTI'S!

Did I win?

Anonymous said...

Sarah Jo, I find myself very bittersweet about your new chapter in life for several reasons - your post reminded me of that. However, you cannot imagine how thankful and happy we are to have you move back home. We love you so much!!!May God continue to bless you.

PS - Angie beat me to the guess, but would have said Patti's, of course.

Mom

Anonymous said...

good picture of you and Kristi.
It was great seeing her, wasn't it?