Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Going Away Party

Sunday night was my going away party.  It was fun, sad, sappy......


A few of the ladies from church.  Louise, Kat, Corrine and Granny Barnes.  Granny is the oldest in church.  She is Louise and Miss Barbara's mother.  She looks like she could keel over any minute but she's actually pretty spry and active still.



JR and Louise ended up sitting here together at this little table for two and Kerwin decided they needed a candle!  JR is a jokester.  Between his accent and lack of teeth he can be hard to understand, especially when he's laughing hysterically at his own jokes.  But if he's laughing, we just laugh along with him even if we have no clue what he's saying:)



The whole Athens crew.  There were a couple missing that couldn't make it but for the most part this has been my church and my family the last four years.  I do love them!



Whenever everyone is at the Edelman house for something (such as a going away party) a very hard core, very competetive game of basketball ensues.  No, they did not get in a water fight when they were finished playing ball.  That is pure sweat.  Disgusting!!!



Cassie snapped this one of the kids flocking me when I went over to the preschool Monday morning quick before I left.  I just thought it was kinda cute:)

This week has been spent mostly trying to get everything organized and unpacked.  A lot of my stuff is in my grandparents basement right now.  Like my bed and kitchen stuff that I don't need while living at my parents.  But even so, it's hard to condense what I have here into one small bedroom.  Especially when, over the last four years, my bedroom and the rest of the upstairs has been converted into storage for my parents.  ("Oh, we don't use this too often, let's just toss it in Sarah's closet."  or "I have so many cookbooks in this kitchen, maybe I'll put some of the overflow into Sarah's room.")  Things like that.  But it's working out.

I have a job!  For now anyways.  Once harvest starts I'll be working at the grain elevator weighing trucks and testing moisture on the grain.  I worked there my freshman year of college and loved it so I'm pretty excited to do it again.  After harvest is over I'm not sure what I'll be doing but at least I have something for now. 

Yesterday I went down to ICC and got my books.  Besides shelling out all this money for tuition and books, I'm pretty excited about starting a couple classes.  Ask me again in the middle of the semester and I might not feel that same way.  But for now I'm excited. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of you and your kids. So cute, but so glad you're home. We love you. God bless you. Dad and Mom