Saturday, May 01, 2010

We Have A Winner!

A group of us ran another 5k today.  I am pretty excited to say that I got 1st in my age division!!!!  I was pretty stoked:)  I came away with $35 worth of gift certificates to sporting goods stores.  *Ahem*  At this point, I could do one of two things here.  I could lead you to believe that I have improved drastically since the last 5k we ran a few weeks ago (I did shave two minutes off my time).........

OR

I could tell you the rest of the story of how there was only two of us in that particular age group.

We had some stormy weather and it rained sheets and buckets up until a few minutes before the race started.  Believe you me, if it had been a beautiful morning and everyone had showed up I would have been much farther down the list:) 

I really haven't turned into little miss 5k who runs every race that comes along, but they had a booth set up for this one after the chick-fil-a one that we did and I really did it to support the cause.  It was for a mission in Africa called Bethany Village Ministries.  After the race they had pork BBQ and grilled chicken for us and they also had some singing groups.  One of the ones we listed to was a black a capella choir.  They were incredible- I loved it!!  Anyone who knows much about me would realize that it was right up my alley:)  I have now (kind of) fullfilled my desires to go to a service at a black church. 

It really turned out to be my lucky day.  Not only did I "do so good" in the race, get prizes and see the black choir, but tonight we ate at Applebee's and after they ran out of what I had ordered, I reordered and got it for free!  In between the race I also did laundry, watched a movie and took a nap.  A perfect combination for a gloomy, rainy day.

5 comments:

Angie said...

Wow, what a day! I think you have accomplished a lot in your 5k. I think I would've come in last :)
And I am super jealous of your free meal at Applebee's. And your movie. And pretty much your whole day. :) Although I got to go to Caleri's for lunch with Dustin and Mandy and the children :) So I guess that was pretty good!

Erin said...

Gold Star for You!!! I'm SO impressed with your first place win!
I would have to agree with Angie and say that I am jealous of your day too. Have a super week! I love you. Blessings

Boni said...

Wow you sure had a blue ribbon day! Good for you, you deserve it. Still working on Ed to come down for Memorial Day. So much going on that weekend, we'll see. Love you.

Erin said...

They LOVE them black babies! I even had some of the girls hiding them around the library to ensure that they got to play with them the next afternoon! They are for sure the favorite toy right now and they continue to have that new baby smell and the kids and I LOVE! Thanks Again! I love you. Blessings!

Kayla said...

Wow Sarah - way to go on the 5k. I wish I could do that, but I only run if someone is chasing me. Do you think you could chase me through one sometime? ;)