Friday, May 14, 2010

Dear Mom,

I finally used the cake decorating set I got for Christmas!!



Miss Barbara's birthday is Saturday so I had the perfect excuse to use it.  I was all excited to do it.  I baked the cake (Duncan Hines Devil's Food of course) and even made Crisco icing like you always did.  I just knew I would be successful.  But, things just didn't turn out like I had envisioned.  As soon as I started decorating I knew my dreams of the perfect cake were shattered.


Needless to say, I don't think I'll be starting up Country Confections II anytime soon.
(Oh, and I know the name is spelled wrong.  The kids all say Barba.)

4 comments:

Erin said...

Look at you miss betty homemaker! Good Job! I hope your weekend is great! If you need something to do you can always come see me! Love and Blessings

Anonymous said...

Actually, it is quite impressive. :) Hope you have fun with the set. Sure the kids and Miss Barbara loved it. Oh, and we love you!!!!! :) God bless you.

Oh and Dad says you talked about a Japanese Festival when we come. You can let us know.

Angie said...

I laughed out loud when I saw that cake :) Yours looks like mine do. Erin always does all these great and fancy things and then I'm like...yeah, I can do that! And then I actually try. And it looks bad. Oh well. :)
The time is coming very soon when I get to see you for good :)

whitney said...

oh i got a cake decorating set for Christmas too!!! i still haven't used it... makes me sad.

your cake is lovely.