Saturday, May 08, 2010

Since It's Mothers Day....

So, my mom is pretty special.  Unfortunately, I haven't really acknowleged or realized quite how special until the last few years.  And even though she'll probably hate the attention or the spotlight, I'm compiling a list of just a few of the reasons I think she's pretty cool.

10.) She is the best cook I know.
  9.) She is selfless.
  8.) She is giving and generous.
  7.) She loves people who others might label as different.
  6.) She makes time to visit with the old ladies in church who sometimes tend to be forgotten.
  5.) She makes the BEST cinnamon rolls and caramel rolls.  The smell of fresh rolls means I'm home.  Even her "flops" are amazing.
  4.) She went back to school and graduated with a bachelor's in nursing when she was like, 50!!  (And to think- I hesitate about going back for another associate's.)
  3.) She challenges me to be a better Scrabble player:)
  2.) She has been through the fire and come out stronger on the other side.
  1.) She has a great sense of humor.

There's just a few reasons.  I love my mom!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I think she's pretty special too. I would have to agree with your list except I'm really not a scrable player. I love her too and thank God for her. There's one more thing...She bore and helped raise some of the most wonderfull children in the world! I love you, Dad

Mandy said...

I love her too! She is an amazing woman. She hold a special place in my heart!

JK said...

Awwww...I love your mom, too, Sra Jo. She's one amazing woman. :D

Anonymous said...

Dear, darling Sarah,

That is so sweet, my heart is melting and tears in my eyes. You are so loved by Dad and myself. God has blessed us tremendously. You have walked through some fires with us and are also stronger for it. You know what we mean. Dad says not to get too mushy on here, so I will finish later. We love you!!!!!! God bless you. Mom

Anonymous said...

Dear Sarah again, :)

You are right - I feel sorta silly that you wrote that stuff on your blog, but here I am again reading it. I am going to copy it and save it with all my special cards and letters. Thank you for such a nice and thoughtful gift and thank you for being you. We love you. God bless you!!!

Angie said...

I think your Mother is super-fantastic too! She is always willing to put others first :)
We love her so much!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post Sarah! She is a wonderful mother-in-law, and such an amazing grandma to Haley.
Love you both and am so thankful God brought both of you into my life!
Jamie

babs said...

I am one of the older ladies from
church that your Mom takes time
to talk to