Saturday, March 27, 2010

My News

Well we just had our preschool board meeting this morning and it has been made official.  Sometime this summer I'm planning to move back to Illinois.  I actually started praying about it in Septmember.  I was really starting to feel like after this school year, I would be done.  I asked God for a small sign.  I said I didn't need anything huge, just a little something to reassure me that what I was thinking was from him and was the right thing.  I even asked specifically to be shown a verse about going home.  November 1 I was sitting in church.  It was our homecoming weekend and I was looking around at everyone, wondering if next homecoming I would still be living here of if I would be there as a visitor.  The minister got up and said we were going to read out of Mark 5.  So I opened up my Bible and looked down to see verse 19 which says "Go home to thy friends and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee and hath had compassion on thee."  I know some people will argue over "signs" and whether we should or shouldn't ask for them.  But for me, I like having something that reassures that the decisions I make are directed by the Lord.  Reading a verse like that was exactly what I had asked for and since that day I have not once doubted that making plans to move to IL is the right thing to do.  I realize things could change.  Two years ago I said I was going to move back but due to a few different circumstances, I ended up staying.  And that was perfectly fine with me.  I'm glad I had two more years here.  I will miss it so much when I'm gone, but there are things I look forward to- mostly living close to my family again.  I'm planning to move sometime this summer, most likely towards the end of July.
Phew.  I'm so glad I can tell people freely now.  I've been trying to keep in a little hush hush until the board meeting just for the sake of waiting until it was official.  But now you all know.  And that's all I have to say about that:)

12 comments:

Angie said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Angie said...

Oh man. My comment didn't show up. I had like 3 million aaa's in my yay, but it cut them off. Just know I am SO EXCITED!

Anonymous said...

Dear Aunt Sarah-
I am very very very very excited for you to move home. We can play together whenever we want now. Grandma and mommy and me went shopping together this morning and pretty soon, maybe we all can go! I love you very much and can't wait till you live close to me.
Love, Haley

P.S. My mommy is very excited too!

Erin said...

Still Storming for you as you make this transition. Blessings! I love you. I am now home so pictures of last week soon come

anonymous said...

Welcome back to good old IL.

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah, Hallelujah,
Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah,
Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah,
Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah Chorus lyrics by Handel's Messiah
Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
For the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
For the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
The kingdom of this world
Is become the kingdom of our Lord,
And of His Christ, and of His Christ;
And He shall reign for ever and ever,
[ Handel's Messiah Hallelujah Chorus lyrics found on http://www.lyricsoncall.com/lyrics/handels-messiah/hallelujah-chorus-lyrics.html ]
For ever and ever, forever and ever,
King of kings, and Lord of lords,
King of kings, and Lord of lords,
And Lord of lords,
And He shall reign,
And He shall reign forever and ever,
King of kings, forever and ever,
And Lord of lords,
Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
And He shall reign forever and ever,
King of kings! and Lord of lords!
And He shall reign forever and ever,
King of kings! and Lord of lords!
Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
Hallelujah!

Do you get our point? We are thankful!!!!!! , although we do feel bad for Athens. We love you and God bless you. Dad and Mom

Anonymous said...

um, mom must of wrote that last comment but I'm glad too. dad

J-Rod said...

Sarah! that is just thuper! I still won't get to see you much, but at least now I can see you when I go back to IL.

Angie said...

OK I am laughing at your mom and dad's comments. And Rod's use of Thuper. :)

Erin said...

So I totally left a comment yesterday and it didn't show up...what's up with that.

But I am excited too. Really excited...though now I will never get to go to Zumba with you...sadness

Rebekah Hoffman said...

It will be great to have you back, Sarah!!!! :-)