Sunday, March 14, 2010

In Honor Of...

Each year since I've moved down here my old roommate and awesome friend, Bekah, has gotten a group together to come visit for the weekend.  This weekend was supposed to be when people came but for a variety of different reasons ended up cacelling.  So I just thinking back to the past few years when they would come.  Each year has its own reasons to make me smile.  If things would have gone as planned, I would probably be posting about everything we did this weekend.  But since things changed and the last couple days have consisted of lots of laundry and cleaning, I was remembering years past.  So in honor of those years.......

The first year was kind of a thrown together group who didn't necessarily know each other that well.  But it turned out to be so fun and we laughed more than we talked.  Mark took us flying and then we went to a really southern restaurant before coming back to my house for games and dessert.


The second year was fun too.  Not quite as many laughs as the first year, possibly because there were some more reserved people in the group?  Another kind of random, thrown together group but still a good time.  We went to the US Space and Rocket center over in Huntsville where we watched an IMAX movie about Hurricane Katrina.  It was dumb.  We still joke about the time and money wasted on it.  I think at least half the group fell asleep during it.  Then we did the typical supper and games evening before the boys left my house and went to bed.  Then Beks, Katrina and myself got ahold of some microphones we had in the Fellowship Hall (which is attatched to my house), figured out how to turn on the speakers, and had a little concert for ourselves:)



Then there was last year.  The infamous Waffle House trip where a fight nearly broke out, cops were called, they ran out of dishes..... oh the memories.  It was also a lot bigger group than the first two years.  I think I'd have to say it was my favorite one out of the three.  If you're justy dying to know more about it, you can read about it here.

So, yes, I was bummed that it didn't work out this weekend but hopefully we'll be able to reschedule.   And really, what could be more fun than spending my weekend doing laundry and cleaning?

3 comments:

LeaAnn said...

oh...the last year does bring back great memories. I fogot about some of them, so thanks for the laughs that I got in my head for thinking of the good times. Can't wait and hope that I can come in April!! We'll have to make this year the best of all.

Erin said...

That would have been SO Great if we could have hung out this weekend... I didn't realize it was the weekend we were all supposed to come see you!... next time:) Have a great week.
O my good story, so yesterday they were blaring music out of the monster speakers like they do and as I was enjoying the music what comes on but eye of the tiger! I smiled and thought of you. Then heard Kirk bust out singing the song as he grilled out side:)

Erin said...

Because there are no secrets around here and you can hear EVERYTHING I heard him singing... I don't know that he knew I could hear him though:)