Monday, February 08, 2010

Invites And SNOW!!

We we blessed beyond reason this weekend!  We had a young group invite down here and it was great.  We were actually planning on having about 40 people come but for a variety of reasons we ended up having only about 25.  It was still a really good time though and still a decent sized group.  We spent Saturday sleeping in, having a leisurely lunch and then got to work on a few service projects.  I was kinda blown away with the amount they got done.  Some were in the preschool doing odds-n-ends jobs and deep cleaning that needs to get done more often but just doesn't.


Some were out in the world relief shed sorting, organizing and packing clothes to be sent to Haiti.  I think we ended up with over 40 boxes!


I didn't get very many good people pictures:( 

This morning we woke up to snow falling!  We didn't even know it was forecasted so it was a fun suprise.  Now, it doesn snow occasionally down here, this year more than the past three years combined I think.  Today it was falling and accumulating pretty quick and it was coming down in HUGE flakes.


Yes, that is quite a bit for us down here:)  We took the kids out to play in it.  They loved it at first but they got tired of it pretty quick.  Some of them were sobbing over how painfully cold their hands were.  Some of the, uh, older kids didn't get tired of it so quickly.  They loved it!


By the time I went on break at 2:00 it was almost completely gone.


Yup, melts that fast.  But not to worry!  There's rumor of another system making its way across Mississippi and so there's always the chance that we'll get more! 

4 comments:

Erin said...

FUN! Maybe thats what I need to try. Having young group invites down here so I get a bunch of fun people to see me and do work projects and hang out... O wait I guess that would be a work team.... I will have to keep thinking on that one! Have a great week I love you! Blessings

LeaAnn said...

I think everytime a group from Illinois comes down you get snow. You are SO welcome. We have been getting snow today and it is supposed to be 5-8 inches. Also love the short skirt you are wearing. Weren't your legs getting cold if the kids were crying that their hands were freezing?

Angie said...

Looks like fun! Jealous of your weekend...and can't wait to see you again. I WUF YOU!

Erin said...

I love your posts. I love you.