Thursday, November 19, 2009

For My Mother

Each week at preschool we focus on a different letter.  Well over a year ago I told my mom I had hoped to find those big giant lollipops for the letter L and make a lion out of them.  I never could find them but I really wasn't too worried about it.  Well, my mom found a sample of the exact craft I had mentioned in a magazine, showed it to me and thought it completely necessary for me to do it with my kids.  Last Easter I found enough giant lollipops for all my kids in my Easter basket.  Yes, I still get Easter baskets:)  So I've had these suckers sitting in my bedroom since April and was so happy when the letter L finally rolled around again last week.  So mom, here's the lions.  Since I'm super good at procrastinating, I waited until Thursday night to figure out how I was going to do them.  So they don't look quite like the magazine but close enough I thought.



Kina cute, huh?  Thanks mom- the kids loved them!  We'll call him........Lancelot.

Another thing that I'm sure you're all very interested in- is our squirrel issue.  A couple years ago, back when Melissa was still living here, we woke up one morning to something running back and forth in our attic.  It's really loud and annoying- especially on a Saturday morning when I would love nothing better than to sleep in.  But, we have these squirrels and nobody seems to know exactly what to do about them.  There's actually a spot in my ceiling that is kind of sagging.  I'm hoping it's not hundreds of acorns that will one day cause the ceiling to give way and everything fall into my bedroom.  That would not be fun.  Anyways, I see these squirrels all the time outside and sometimes see them sitting on my windowsill.  I've tried getting a picture before but always scared them off.  But the other day I finally got it. 




There it is, friends.  Well, one of them at least.  There are more, we just don't know how many for sure.  But this guy?  We'll call him.........Sanford.

Welp, there ya have it.  My two most recent friends I've aquired.

7 comments:

Mandy said...

Just thought I would let you know that the children loved the pictures of the Lion and the Squirrel. Although Libby thought Sanford was a disgusting name. Who knows....she is a strange child. Hope you have a wonderful night! I love you and look forward to our meeting again!

Anonymous said...

Dear Sarah - yes, the lion is quite adorable and I'm so happy your children enjoyed them. Makes me smile inside and out.

As for the squirrel. I sorta think squirrels are cute too, but I sure hope your ceiling doesn't crash in.

We love you SO much Sarah - hope you're having a wonderful week. God bless you.

Mom

Erin said...

you are a very special person....Thanksgiving can't come soon enough!!!

Angie said...

So the other day at work, this squirrel was PACING in front of the building. He tried climbing up the brick walls a couple times and that didn't work. He kept looking in the front windows. I think he really wanted to be inside. So then all of a sudden, he FLEW up the front door. I don't know how he did it. There was nothing for him to grab on to, he just flew! He fell right down, but it was still amazing. Maybe I should've just gone and opened the door for him. I could've made a squirrel friend that day. Thanksgiving awaits!

Cassie said...

Sanford? Really? That's almost as bad as Murphy. Almost.

Erin said...

I'm ready for you to come down without a team to tour the island. I will take you to all the best places! and we will have so much fun! Let me know when your plane gets in... i'm waiting:)love and blessings

Anonymous said...

I liked your lion and your squirrel
CUTE Babs